1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I just love this stuff!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by neofight, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neofight

neofight TS Member

I got in to shooting trap just a couple months ago. I ended up buying a Citori XT with the adj. comb and have been having a great time with it. My wife, who has never shot anything other than a pellet rifle a few times, expressed an interest in joining me today, so off we went to the Del Norte club at Smith River.

Being that my experience with shooting is on par with my understanding of cold fusion and string theory, i thought it best to get her on the right track.Luckily, there was an instructor on hand today and he was kind enough to get her fixed up with a gun that sort of fit her and he worked with her as we called the birds. While she did not hit any and tired out after one round, she at least got a feel for what the recoil was all about and was a quick study on learning safety, stance, shouldering the gun, etc.

I was happy that she went with me today and happier yet that she was not discouraged. On the way home, she started talking about which make and model to get, should she order a vest with sequins or would that be too garish, proper fitting earplugs, etc.

I shot my first 24/25 today, the sun was out and we both came home with all our body parts, so it was a good morning.

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

You also are close to and enjoyed a really nice club and a nice bunch of guys n gals. Keep encouraging the lady and consider finding someone that will supply light loads for her to get up to speed with and keep your eyes open for a suitable gun for her also. You will likely get more opinions than you want soon enough.....Bob Dodd

3. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

neofight,

You are indeed fortunate. You've found a sport you love and can do it with your wife as well. Things are good.

Now, you have to realize that you just doubled the cost of shooting.:)

4. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

neo,

You will find trap shooting much simpler than string theory, a bit more complicated than cold fusion. If you can simplify all the trapshooting theories down to E=MC^2, you will be way ahead of the game.

In fact, determining 7.5 vs. 8 shot will go a long way in determining a unified theory of the universe.

Danny

PS - Then, after you have codified the unified theory, you can tackle "choke theory."

5. neofight

neofight TS Member

My understand of the "choke theory" is: the amount of $ spent on shooting trap is directionally proportional to the amount earned on an up-swing market, less the dividends paid to the administrator of your market funds.

As far as doubling costs for wife gaining access to husband's hobby interest goes, wife came up with perfect solution. She charges husband for meals served and pays her own way at trap. There may be a flaw in the logic in all this.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Don't choke and quit when you discover how much you're spending.

7. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

When you buy her gun, make sure it fits her. Ditto on Rastoff's comment. Mrs. Hornet shoots with me, and now has her own motorcycle, too. The ole Hornet is muy broke! Satisfied, but broke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.