1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I just don't like him

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by GrandpasArms, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I just don

This is my first and ONLY politically-inspired post. Some of my family - on Chicago - are die hard Democrips. They LOVE the current POTUS and are offensive (nasty, too)in their attacks on anything they love. I keep my mouth shut on all things of the political nature, but they suspect I don't like the current POTUS because I grimace at the mention of him. They want to engage in some bullying about how bad the other candidates are and that without Mr. Obama we're all going to perish, and so on.

I know who I will vote for. No, he's not perfect, but I chose him because I like him more than the current POTUS. Just that. I like Mr. Romney and I don't like Mr. Obama. I'm free to do that. Right? Not to the Democrips, though.

Obummer.jpg

2. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Vote how YOU want, that's your right as an American.

3. The Stive

The Stive Member

Obamy has got to go. We can send him packing on Tuesday. John

4. bozwell

bozwell TS Member

You should definitely vote and, of course, you should vote for who you think is the best candidate. It doesn't matter who your family and friends like, who I like, or who other people on this site like, as they can vote their mind as well.

As for people running their mouth about the "other side's" candidate, welcome to our heavily polarized political climate. Sadly, I only see it getting worse over the next few years. And, it's not just one side doing this, as is evident from the many fictitious, some openly racist posts on this site going the other direction. We've moved away from having a discussion based on the facts in this country, and it's come down to who can distort the facts (or "spin" them) the most in an attempt to smear the other side. These days people even have a dedicated media outlet (e.g., Fox vs. MSNBC) they can watch which will deliver an already distorted version of the facts to them and which will emphasize coverage on issues favorable to their side/unfavorable to the other side. It's all pretty sad honestly.

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I know what you are going through Grandpa, one of my brothers is a die hard Dem, if politics ever comes up he acts just like the talking heads on TV there can't be a civil conversation, he just starts yelling

Talked to him a couple weeks ago and he started on hie drivel, I just told him his brain is broken vote for ever you want to

And there is nothing wrong with your reasoning, as it is mine

6. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

Imagine what would happen if the loosing voters go home mad and set on their butts. and the winning party voters go home and keep on doing what the have done for the past few years. Think about it.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

excerpt from Newsweek:

"Imagine a future historian examining Obama's pre-presidential life: ushered into and through the Ivy League, despite unremarkable grades and test scores along the way; a cushy non-job as a "community organizer;" a brief career as a state legislator devoid of legislative achievement (and in fact nearly devoid of his attention, so often did he vote "present"); and finally an unaccomplished single term in the United States Senate, the entirety of which was devoted to his presidential ambitions.

He left no academic legacy in academia, authored no signature legislation as a legislator. And then there is the matter of his troubling associations: the white-hating, America-loathing preacher who for decades served as Obama's "spiritual mentor"; a real-life, actual terrorist who served as Obama's colleague and political sponsor. It is easy to imagine a future historian looking at it all and asking: how on Earth was such a man elected president? "

That is why I voted against him the first time.

This time his non-record of achievement (don't forget he got the Nobel Peace Prize because of things he was "going to do") should keep any thinking person from voting for him.

But we're dealing with Democrats here.

HM

8. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

Good shot TjayE. I will too. Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.