1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I just cut the stock on my new CG w/RAD

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I had been contemplating cutting the stock, It had a RAD on it, I have almost cut the Montecarlo stock all off, I measured it and I think I still need to cut another 1/8th"inch off, to get me at my 14"inch length of pull. I can do this easy enough as I have a lot of adjustment left in the RAD to increase the LOP.

I made the decision this morning to cut it. I need to use my other sons Laser
    chop saw as it has a sharper blade on it, it did a neat job but just had to cut it slower.

It is critical for me to have a 14"inch stock LOP.

How many of you have had to shorten your stock to your LOP?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

I know how a gun fits is individual preference. With that said I'm at 14 3/4 ", and I crawl up the stock so my nose is less than a half inch from my thumb. If I shot a 14" lop I would probably have nose bleeds all day lol. Dale

3. mad_dawg

mad_dawg Member

Short people got no reason....

4. undersluice

undersluice Member

I have a CG Summit Trap and when I got RAD installed on it almost 2 years back, got my stock cut too. From my perspective, it was a poor decision and did not work for me. I kept on struggling with my gun.

I am a relatively new trap shooter but I have learnt in these last 2 years I have been shooting with a RAD unit that I don't like mechanical/moving recoil devices. Due to stock being cut down, my depth at heel (DAH) got changed and I struggled with it also for a while. And "NO", dropping the recoil pad down with RAD does not give you the same feel as my old stock before it was cut.

I finally decided to get a custom stock from Wenig a few weeks back and can tell you that its nigh-n-day in comparison to a mechanical recoil device.

If , I have do this all over again, I will NOT get my stock cut, will try adding an adjustable pad plate (for fit) and adding weight to the stock (mercury filled - C&H, Gracoil KO etc.) for recoil issues.

Good luck to you.

Regards,
    JB

5. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

Cut all three of my CGs and added a Gracoil unit with adjus
    table LOP.
    Best ever for me.

6. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I have an XT that shot about 50/50 (if that). Sent it out to Rod's for an adjustable comb and a gracoil. Big improvement but it still won't shoot with my Perazzi. I am considering having the stock cut a bit more so that I can get the same LOP on the XT that the Perazzi has and go from there. I hate having a stock wittled on but if it won't work for me, what good is it? The way I look at is that life's short, eat desert first, keep a good supply of Canadian whiskey on hand and have your gun fit so it works for you. After all, you did buy the gun for yourself didn't you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.