1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I just can't get it....22s

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DaveXT, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

I just can

I have been averaging 23 from the 16 yard line. When I move back to 22 yards my score drops to 17-19 and every once in a while I get in the 20s. What can I do to improve my 22 yard line?

Thanks
    Dave

2. showdawg

showdawg TS Member

shoot quicker....

3. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

I am shooting a KX5 32".
    DW

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Break 25 at 16s

5. ms_yuan

ms_yuan Member

I feel your pain, as I shot a 47 in singles today, followed by a 14 and 18 in caps at the 22. The thing is, I've shot the equivalent of 46's from the 22, also. I feel, for me, the problem is that I shoot from the 16 way too frequently and don't practice from the 22 nearly enough. Oddly, my one and only trophy was in handicap, but that was from the 20, not the 22. For me, at least, there is a difference between the two. My abysmal results have made me more determined to practice more frequently from the 22 until I can get a punch to the 23.

Try holding a tad lower at the 22 than at the 16. I require a slight bit more lead, and I try to shoot the bird as early as I reliably can. Then again, I'm hardly a success at the 22,so beware my advice.

Perhaps finding a good shooter at your club who can coach you and tell you what you're doing wrong?

6. MrRojo

MrRojo TS Member

I used to have the same problem, heres what I did:

I used to shoot a Beretta 682 combo that shot very flat, probably 55/45 or maybe 60/40 at best. when i backed up for handicap, i watched my scores drop drastically. So I started thinking, the closer that you are to the house, the less distance the shot pattern has to travel. When you back up for handicap from the 16 yard line to, say the 22 yard line, the shot pattern must now travel another six yards that it didn't travel before, meaning the target will have traveled a bit higher and farther while that shot pattern covers that additional six yards. You will be shooting under the target a majority of the time if you are looking for a bird/front bead relationship and the gun shoots to flat. For handicap, it is desirable to shoot a higher shooting gun as the shot pattern will then rise into the target rather than blacking out the bird with the front of the gun as with singles. I now shoot an old Citori combo set that the single barrel shoots higher than its doubles counterpart, as it is designed for handicap shooting.

Basically, the father you move back, the higher your POI should be. The adjustments should be done in increments to avoid chaos with adjustments in POI. Those are the results I have found. I hope my findings have been of some service to you in some way, shape, or form.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.