1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

i heard complaints on no carts at the grand

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i was hearing alot of complaints tonight that they have no public carts at the grand this year. from what they tell me the only way to get around is rent a golf cart for $50.00 a day. is this true?

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

You can drive your car to the bank you are shooting.

3. smsnyder

the kids from the sctp program were telling me they had no way around because they come in on a bus. they didn't have cars. so what your telling me if you don't have a car you can't get around. if that so it won't work.

4. smsnyder

that not good. this will hurt the shoot if no carts are there to transport spectators etc. how about the sctp kids that attended? how can they possibly drive a bus everywhere? how about the parents, old timers, sr people etc.?

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

They are kids, they can walk!!! It will be good for their health.

6. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

I think you are forgetting about the shuttle services. Perhaps not up to the high standards expected by folks here, but after last years growing pains, they said there would be adjustments. I am not there and sadly I cannot attend, but that is all the more reason for me and others here not to engage in speculation about things we are not experiencing. And to smsnyder, spend some money some day and go to the silver dollar for the Southern Grand. The old fields are more than a mile from the new fields and there is no bus or tractor pulling a wagon or carts for rent. Just try finding a place to park your car once you give up a spot. Doesn't seem to prevent them from having a well attended shoot does it?? Please stop being negative about matters that you do have first hand knowlege of.

7. primed

primed Well-Known Member

In my nine days at the Grand last year, I saw about 5 people total riding the wagons. Not very cost effective.

Bob

8. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

The carts like Vandalia had would have worked great last year if the camping was not miles away from the main shooting line.

Terry.

9. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

I was at the Grand yesterday (it was 102 degrees)and plan to return tomorrow for the rest of the program. WALKING is fine but it gets a little tough, even on a teenager, when its 103 degrees and the trap line is a few miles long. We'll all grow into this NEW GRAND and I'll be the first to say that I still can't believe that Illinois would spend that much money for me to have a good time. The workers there do an outstanding job. If you haven't been there and experienced it, please don't complain. Don Kerce

Tripod thanked this.
  10. smsnyder

ha, ed that's a low blow. i forgot to tell you i am a wholesaler. not a retailer. big difference. i am just telling you what the kids and senior people are telling me. i will see for myself next week. most of the people who went there this year loved the facility. the heat was also a huge factor.

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

From some of the trap shooters I have seen a little sauna heat and exercise could/would only do some possible good.

Ya know the faster you walk the breeze you could feel and the cooler you could be as well.

12. smsnyder

lumper, lol an't that the truth.

13. lumper

lumper TS Member

Maybe if you had a $295k motor home you could have a little trailer with a golf cart or something in it to get around.

Why should the state of Illinois provide any shooter with anything other than the ranges? Why is the ATA or the people running the shoot not providing transportation around the facility for you instead?

It was said months ago that the state was not going to have any trams/carts or any transportation of any type at the Grand so why did the ATA or the people running the event step in and handle that task for the benefit of the shooters? Come on people ... lets ask the ATA why they did not prepare for this instead of saying it is the State of Illinois fault.

14. stkelly62

stkelly62 TS Member

the carts are not running, you need to reserve a cart with Little Egypt Golf Carts ahead of time,they might have one available if someone doesn't show. Try to sign up your shooting on the west banks and you can walk to all the vendor buildings. There's plenty of parking everywhere behind any bank your shooting.
    Big plus is your car is air conditioned because it's hotter than hell in Sparta.

Have Fun and Break'em all

Scott

15. smsnyder

who do i contact to rent a cart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.