1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I Have To Say It!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

This is posted in the off-topic section.....

I have been a regular poster on this site since 2006. I even had a business and advertised on it for a period of time. I love this site and check it several times a day. I also love several of the posters here. I have made life-long internet friendships with people I will never meet. Hat's Off to David for providing this awesome website to us! David does alot that most people couldn't imagine, and I appreciate it very much!

What is under my skin is several of the forum bullies. There is a constant belittling being spoken by some posters. There was a recent thread where a discussion about a shotgun sport that wasn't trapshooting was very enlightening. However, a poster comes in and makes mention that this a trapshooter's site. Well, trapshooter's have other interests to.......politics, sports, other shotgun games, rifles, handguns, sex, religion, Rolex's, coin collecting, etc. I have never shot bunker trap, but if there is a thread on it....I will read it! Quit being so narrow minded!

This is a free country (or what's left of it), and everyone is entitled to an opinion - but if you don't like the discussion.....no one is forcing you to read it. Move on and be happy. Life's too dang short for all this bickering!

As I write this, I can't help but think of 2 gentlemen here that were posters and have passed on - Mike Greenblatt (Perazzi Big Bore) & Pat Ireland. I met them both in person, and they were the guy's that this forum should be about. They were gentlemen and willing to help shooters - not belittle them!

2. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

good post

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

AGREED--excellent post, hope it keeps ME on the straight & narrow. Ross Puls

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

It needed to be said and hopefully he will take the hint.

5. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Woodson Ent, THANK YOU for this post !!! I hope i have always acted "above" board on this site. I have read some remarks made about a posters Spelling,Grammer and Punctuation. There have been a "few" remarks about WAY to many capital letters.I agree to many Capital letters make it hard to read but, HEY do not read it if it bothers you. This site is a privilege NOT a required read. Hope the "bullies" don't come get me !!!!!!!!!!!!!! JOE WHITEHURST joe90t P.S. I am kinda new here.

6. TC

TC TS Member

I have to agree. We need to ignore the bullies and trolls. Any comments to their post's just encourage them. They live for feedback, without it they eventually give up and go away.

7. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

I rarely shoot trap...but I really like this sight!!!!!!

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Great post about a great site

It sure helps make the winter pass

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I rarely shoot trap (maybe 3-4 rounds a year), yet this site is my homepage.

I think you'll find that the people who shoot trap ONLY and shoot nothing else, and have interest in trap ONLY and nothing else in life, are a VERY small minority on this site.

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Good thread with a message we should all keep in mind.

Too many times the threads become heated to the point of name calling which is really pointless.

I really enjoy having this site where you can read about and discuss the good stuff in life - shotguns, rifles, handguns, dogs, see cool car pics, vintage ammo, reloading ... you name it. With all that there should be enough common ground that we can be civil with each other.

11. ScottEslick

ScottEslick Member

I agree, very well said...if you dont have something good to say just dont say anything

Scott

12. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Great Post from a gentelmanwith good insight!

13. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Excellent post and you nailed my thoughts and feelings exactly!

Whiz

14. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

I do it all and love this site. For those of you who think there are some NUTZ here, try going to some of the other shooter sights. They are among us...

15. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

To be fair, the gentleman who inspired this thread probably just got up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday.

Edit: Apparently this theory was either incorrect or he also got up on the wrong side of the bed today too.

16. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

It is alright to have an opinion - it is alright to disagree.........try doing it tactfully without name calling or bossing people around. The last time I checked, David owned this website - he calls the shots on what he wants on here - not you or me!

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

If you really respect David Van Elgort's own directions.....you'll go back and read them then stick to them. It's not OK for users to alter his directions for their own selfish or abusive purposes. Respect Dave.

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I ask Mr. Woodson and others to read at the top "Attention Website Users" then tell me that a lot of the junk posted on here conforms to David's intent.

I Quote "Again, this site is to be used to further the sport of trapshooting, please use this site with that goal in mind".

So you think I am wrong because I want it the way it was and the way it should be. You sure have a convaluted meaning of right and wrong. Many abide by the rules/desires but then many think and demand to do what they please.

I called no one a name but you chose to label me - what a hypoocrite.

Don

19. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Then why did David add the "Off Topic" section? Is that where Sporting and Skeet posts belong?

20. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Why is is so difficult for people to simply ignore the threads they have no interest in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.