1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I have to change my question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by berettagold53954, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

i found with pheasant and goose the best way is to completely wrap in bacon and set in indirect heat very tender and juicy never had duck though

2. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

ATV62,

Pin a slice of bacon to the breast (I assume you've breasted the bird) and place it on a HOT grill, breast up. When the breast begins to turn gray flip it for a couple or three more minutes. I find that the rarer you can eat the duck the more tender and tasty it is. A friend on a lease taught me this ten years ago and I love the results. DON"T OVER COOK GAME.

Bon Apetite,

HBT

3. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

ATV62,

Pin a slice of bacon to the breast (I assume you've breasted the bird) with wooden toothpicks and place it on a HOT grill, breast up. When the breast begins to turn gray flip it for a couple or three more minutes. I find that the rarer you can eat the duck the more tender and tasty it is. A friend on a lease taught me this ten years ago and I love the results. DON"T OVER COOK GAME.

Bon Apetite,

HBT

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

All above are correct. Don't over cook. We make ours just like dove. Cut into 1/2" strips and batter it, then wrap in bacon. Cook till bacon is done, roll over and do the other side. Not more than 5 minutes each side. Make sure the grill is hot before you put the meat on.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Cook the duck with the bacon wrap on the grill. Five mins. each side. Then remove duck from grill, throw the duck in the garbage and eat the grill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.