1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I have the BEST WIFE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jawhawker, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Whats fair is fair, now for the ladies.

I've got the best wife in the world. She not only has recently acquired an extremely fine specimen of Model 12 vintage in 16 ga. for me but has also acquired a 90 acre parcel of land for me to take that gun and my ole plug_dog on to hopefully have alittle fun chasen birdies. Damn boys, it don't get no_better_than_this. I don't need no damn Millers either! I have told her that I was still very trainable and my nature was to please but Iam a thinken that shes a usen some kinda of big city pshycology on me because life has become serinity park.

Tron, suck it up and just play with "Kitty"!

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Congratulations Martin. You are a very lucky and happy person. Nothing nicer in the field than an old model 12 in 16 or 20 gauge. I personally like having the adjustable chokes you find on a lot of them for field use. Time for a young dog for me I guess. Happy hunting,Bob

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

good thing she likes older men

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Are ya sure she didn't include a duplex dog house for you and yer mutt on the back 90??? Just a thought my friend.

Guy

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Bluedotman, learn to have a little faith, love, and optimism in your life.

Martin is as good a man as can be found. It gives me great pleasure to provide for him the joy that he brings to me and and our family and friends. He deserves it.

Besides, he'll be my trap coach for the rest of my life now. So let's just call it payment in advance.

Jerry, there's a nice bunch of hedgerow trees and also some in the middle that run down where the water is, so you can hide quite effectively in there. Just don't leave footprints, or -you know- DROPPINGS, and she won't be able to track you down.

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I dunno....90 acres isn't very much, really. If a woman REALLY loved her man, she'd buy a full quarter section, and spend some time pen raising quail for him. Maybe arrange to have a small pond dug out and stocked with bass, bluegill and catfish. Build him a nice comfy duckblind on it...

I mean, really, why should men be content with only 90 acres? Martin's out there in the cold hard world, earning his way as best he can trying to support thee and thou.

Used to be, times were, when the man of the house came home after a hard day he was greated with a cold drink and the smell of freshly baked bread. If he wanted to make a few casts on his pond after dinner, well, the lady of the house certainly didn't sass her man about such trivalities - she'd be content mending socks or packing him a nice lunch for his day pheasant hunting on the morrow...

Now, all Martin has to look forward to when he comes home is a gentle reminder that Devi is out of handicap loads, and she's having a little trouble with lefts off station 2, and if the other girls at the club can show up with a new gun once in a while, why can't she?

But I could be wrong....he's probably really lucky. Most of us are. When you get right down to it, we all married better than we deserve.

Love ya, Devi!!

7. recurvyarcher

Love you, too, Jeff. You will have to come and hunt the pheasants, turkey, doves, and deer that are already there. Martin likes "hunten' buddies." Wild ones are always much more fun to hunt, I hear.

I don't know what's in the pond there, but you can count on it being stocked with bass soon enough. I, personally, like trout, but it is apparently too warm there for that to happen. *sigh*

8. TC

TC TS Member

Martin & Devi, Congradulations to both of you. You are truly an inspiration for all of us. Tony

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Jeff, as apparent in Devi's last post, yes there is a pond that an ole geezer can take a few casts upon and the lovely meal his wife has prepared settles. My son here and I are going to enlarge it and pretty much bass, cats, crappies and if we can get it deep enough, Iam going to try some rainboes to see if they make it. Of course one of those damn associates of mine will probably end up dumping an ole flat or two in there for amusement but as I always say, "let the games begin"... As for her wanting to show up with a new gun periodically like the other ladies, she can do it for awhile without me having to purchase any :)

Jerry, for the buddy that you are Iam going to take special care of you. Somewhere in those trees that surround the property will be a nice designer privy just for you. Hopefully if she's a looken for ya it will be in the warm months.

Bluedot, your right! Someday I'll be dead.... Till then Iam just going to enjoy life like I have never experienced. Trust me, I know what ugly is!!!!!

10. recurvyarcher

As long as they are not Jerry's "crappies" in the pond, I will cook 'em if you catch 'em...

11. BigBruno

BigBruno TS Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U7lMhuIsfh4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U7lMhuIsfh4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Congratulations on your catches. Not just the property, but especially Devi. I've thought often of your marriage and believe that you are both fortunate to have found each other. I appreciate the stance that both of you take and wish you all the best in life. I look forward to one day meeting you both. May God richly bless you. Jackie B.

13. 101Diamond

101Diamond TS Member

Donny Osmond??? Ouchhhh

14. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Now all you need is the duck blind....

LOL...

Congrats!

15. dverna

dverna Active Member

Great news on "buying the farm" so to speak.

Now, when are you going to put in a trap field and lights and invite your friends over for the Wilbur Invitational?

Ahhhh, the sweet 16. Kicks like a 12 and hits like a 20 -- or is the other way around LOL???

Good luck you two!

Don

16. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Martin, if loving you is wrong..I don't want to be right.

17. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

90 acres? Dam you're one lucky guy. A nice chunk of land would probably be the only lure that could get me to ........... Well I better not say, then they will know what bait I would be going after. I'm sure I would get throwed back in the pond anyway, as being too little to keep.

Congrats on the newly acquired land, and for catching recury too.

18. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

You guys are so cute.

If you ever need any help eradicating some of those pesky pheasants or quail...well...I have a little experience at this sort of work, and I'm just a phone call and a short drive away.

Plus,I can bring my trusty sidekick Katie, who is always willing to help find the critters.

Tim

19. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

timb99, you make your trusty sidekick Katie ride in the back in a cage? Mine rides the front seat right next to me.

20. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Heck no. She drives and keeps me in the cage!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.