1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I have the answer to everything

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by coyote1234, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coyote1234

coyote1234 Member

My MEC 761R Grabber broke today. The handle gave out from metal fatigue. I bot it new in 1984. It is older than most of my kids and has over 150,000 rounds through it. Sometime around its 20th birthday I replaced the resizing collet. Everything else on it is still factory original.

If everything in this country worked like MEC reloaders it would be a better nation.

Keep up the good work Mayville Engineering.

2. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I have a MEC 650 that I purchased new in 1968, it's still going strong. The only thing I have replaced is the primer feed and bottles.

Chuck

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If you think those MEC's are built to last, you would really love a Pacific/Hornady 366.

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

My Mec 600 is a 1966, had a 1964 Super 250 before that. Between myself and my cousins, probably a half million shells or more have went through that JR.

Replaced the brass wad finger guides to the red plastic ones numerous times. Changed the old pre-crimp to the Spindex. Thats it. Still puts out 4 boxes an hour, when I can get my grand kids to do it.

Wayne

[​IMG]

5. grntitan

Wayne,

I see your grand daughter can't concentrate without using her tongue. My dad use to give me heck because I'm the same way. :)

P.S. Not meant as an insult.

6. coyote1234

coyote1234 Member

Dear Grntitan,

My grandfather put 500,000 rounds plus through a 366. It is another example of excellence in trapshooting engineering. I will argue however that the grabber is the king of KISS.

Keep

It

Simple

Stupid

7. grntitan

coyote,

Actually, I think the MEC 600jr is the king of KISS. That's my 600 next to my 366. Never said I don't like MEC's too. :)

[​IMG]

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I have a 9000H with approx 350,000 + rounds thru it. Changed the collet once. Same original pump. I've sent it in twice for a rebuild (w/o the pump). First time it was $65, second time $150. Keeping it clean and lubricated properly is important.

Great value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.