1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I have one of the best husbands!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by OhioGal, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

I live within 30 minutes of Jaquas, so we frequently take just a short drive to see what is in the shop. Yesterday was one of those days, I had seen a little Browning 525 Combo on the websight and we just drove up to look at it. Nick got it out for me both barrels and let me get the feel of the gun, I really liked it, but like to sleep on a gun purchase. I have always got used Brownings, never a new one. My hubby and I talked about it on the way home, we joked etc about it, he asked if I was considering taking my side by side as a trade, I said I would have to think about that.

I get home from work last night, and there is a note in my bathroom telling me I am worth a thousand of these and consider it a birthday, Christmas what ever and I now have a brand spanking new in the box Browning 525 Combo, 12 and 20 ga. Now what a nice guy....and he even drove 6 hours today to go pick up my Cynergy that I got customized.

If your in a shoot in Ohio and see a Pink trigger on a Browning Cynergy, that will be me!!!! I feel blessed to have such a great man in my life. Just wanted to share.

Deb

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Jeeze, I wish I had a Husband like yours. It seems like the good ones are all taken.

3. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Awwww, how nice Deb.

Tron, you're always so d*mn funny!

4. rrose

rrose TS Member

Deb
    It is great to see husbands and wives appreciate each other so much and to share interest in a great sport together.
    What did you have done to your Cynergy and how are you doing with it now that you have had it for a while?
    randy

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

OK.

What did he do? Or, what does he want?

Don Verna

PS Just kidding - nice post. I am sure you showed him your appreciation last night. LOL

6. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Deb,

Congratulations on both the gun and the great husband! I also am one of those lucky women who has a husband that treats her like gold. I have to say, though, that I bet one of the reasons our husbands are so happy is that we love shooting and guns too, especially Brownings! Not too many of my friends (if any, actually) would be as excited as we would be to get a 525, but that's their loss.

Great post, thanks for sharing. Would love to see a picture of that pink trigger.

CSJ

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

When we used to see roses on the desk of one of my female co-workers, the running joke around the office was, "either he's been REALLY BAD, or she's been REALLY GOOD!"

Hee, hee!

8. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

That is a man that knows where his bread is buttered !!! CONGRATS !!

Wish you guys well and good shooting!!!!

WesleyB

9. Cheetah

Cheetah Member

timb99,
    It might be the female co-worker may be very much a LADY and her man is displaying his respect for her,which sounds like you lack alot of !!!!!

HA HA !!!!!!!!!

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Did he tell you about the new Bowen he just bought?

11. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

DEB:
    very nice thread, glad to hear there are still some good people in this world. i hope you shoot the gun well. non shooters don't believe me when i always say that shooters are some of the nicest and most generous people i know.
    good luck, p.s. tell your husband i am proud of him.
    steve balistreri

12. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Deb,

Congratulations on the new gun. How are the new glasses working out? Have they helped your scores? New gun, new glasses...watch out boys I think this lady's serious about kickin' some booty.

Good luck,

Brownk80

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

The best thing is that you're the greatest for appreciating such a great gift...and he obviously knows it too

14. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

How come I can't get a girlfriend that buys me things?! Or at least, how come when they do buy me things, it's with my own money?!
    -Trappy

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I would like to see a pic of that pink trigger, too! Congratulations. I know just how you feel. It's really nice.

16. jlesley

jlesley TS Member

Deb, congrats on the new gun..... you are very lucky to have a man like that! I know what Sally means, when I talk about shooting amongst my co-workers they just laugh. BTW - if anyone is looking for a husband, mine is up for trade - I would take a Browning as well!! ;) Good shooting.... Jill

17. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I too just bought my wife a new TM9X for our 50th wedding anniversary but since she doesn't shoot, I guess that I'll just have to use it while she does her quilting.

Ed Yanchok

18. BigBruno

BigBruno TS Member

Deb, congrats on the new gun!! By the way, can somebody find Trappy a girlfriend for Christs sake???

19. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The best time to do samething nice for someone you love is always` before someone else does.. That door swings both ways.. Many years ago.. a young lady sent me a potted plant with flowers to say thank you.. I was quite moved by it..

20. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

A simple rule for a happy marriage is to always treat your lady with respect and be good to her. If momma ain't happy, nobody happy.

Ed Ward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.