1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I have gun club hulls with brass bases.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trappermike, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Steel is magnetic, brass is not. The point of impact will vary greatly, sometimes as much as two or three feet and the spped will be affected by the differental expansion of brass and steel. NEVER mix them. Actually, they are both steel, one has a tiny bit of brass plated on to the steel. There is NO difference, unless you think that there is one.

:)

Mike

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

And I've got Iron Poor Blood, so what's your point?

Try a magnet. It's just the color. They are apparently all steel.

3. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Sure you can. You will lose your ass in lawyer fees, but you can sue. If you are that easily distracted, you probably could not concentrate enough to file a lawsuit. My best advice is stick the shiny part in the chamber last and paint all of the bases the same color with shiny spray paint.,

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Piddy, I though I made a score with those "brass" gun clubs, they are not

5. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

I have several of them that are not attracted to a magnet. I have to assume that they are brass or some other non ferris metal. Could they be aluminum?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.