1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I hate women on cell phones

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by smsnyder, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Allmost got hit twice this week with women on cell phones. Both were very young women. The Second time ran me into a ditch with tire damage. Should be a law against driving and talking.

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

snyder, you know what John Wayne said about women don't you (In True Grit I believe), Women can no more keep their mouth shut than a yellowtail catfish!!!. For Good or Bad, No-one can change that!!! I stopped long ago. LMAO. Better luck driveing next week. Break-em all. Jeff

3. smsnyder

Aprice I sure hope so. Talking or texting is dangerous while driviing

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Wears me THIN !!

5. smsnyder

She can text or use her cell phone anytime at my house. Lol

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Not that I'm a fan of four-wheeled phoners but I lost count of the number of times I've nearly been run over by some guy trying to read a map or a trucker trying to pour coffee at 70+.

MK

7. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

A phone with a cord on it ????? How old is that pic? How old is she now??? Inquiring minds want to know..........

Wayne

8. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Had one slide into a Garden Center a while back and damn near took me out . Apparently she had a cigarette in one hand and the cell phone in the other when she may have needed to buy a flat of Petunias . Just this Friday I managed to elude 2 deer , one in front and the other ran in back of me . Then a mile ahead we almost were taken out by a woman coming on my side of the road around a curve with the phone in her ear . You know where I would have like to stick it !!!!

9. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Two True Experiences: A woman passed me on I-35 recently in an SUV...while eating a bowl of cereal! A motorcyclist passed me going above the 45 mph limit, steering with the right hand and texting with the left. Fasten your seat belts, Americans, and practice defensive driving...always. Regards, Ed

10. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

There are states passing laws against texting and driving, Iowa being among them. It also irritates me when your in line (grocery, bank convenient store) and the people ahead are talking on their cell phone holding up everyone. I was in a restaurant and one person was talking on their phone when another customer started ranting on him, telling him to go outside while he was talking. lol Who the hell cares what another person is saying on their phone.

11. porky

porky TS Member

The question is, how loud were they saying it. Talking at tables by customers eating is generally done quietly and respectfully. However, ringing phones and loud one sided conversations are not respectful to other diners. They have to pay for their meals also.

12. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Last winter a week or so before Christmas we got 8" of snow. The plows hadn't been through yet. I was stopped at an intersection an a woman in a mini van yapping on the cell phone was coming 90 degrees from me. She had her left turn signal on and I knew there was no way was she going to make the turn. I backed up got the heck out of the way and there she went plowing through where I was parked and up over the curb. I got out and went over to see if she was okay and she was still yapping on the phone. Her mini van was hung up because she was spinning the tires. I got back in my truck and drove off.

Women aren't the only ones bad though when it comes to cell phones. I stopped by a sports bar one night to get something to eat. Every person at the bar except me had their phone out and were either yapping or texting.

Are people that damn important they can't be out of touch for a few minutes a day.

A few years ago I was at the funeral home. I was in line to talk to the family and pay my respects. A clown a few places behind me cell phone rang, and HE TOOK THE CALL!!!

13. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Nothin' more dangerous than a secretary 10 minutes late for work drivin' a Volkswagen, putting on eye makeup all while on the cell phone.

Yep....she passed me this mornin'. Good lookin' blonde.

14. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

on the way to the grand a guy with no helmet on a harley was coming towards me.. about 50 feet in front of me a bug whacked him on the right arm, he swatted at it and came straight towards me.. I was expecting a head on with him but he got it corrected and never crossed the line.. whew...

15. shelly

shelly TS Member

Daddioooooooo, just how did you know the lady in question was a secretary? Perhaps she was the company president.

16. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Doesn't the Iowa law only apply to teens? How in the world do they plan to enforce it?

17. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

call phone addicted tuff guy contractor types in pickup trucks and work vans are way worse than women. At least women know they can't drive and talk.

18. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Which "women" are you referring to?

19. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Question: What are the usual regulations for law enforcement officers working their computers on the roll? We didn't have them. Ron

20. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Most women I know at work are either calling their children to see if they are alright, or the kids calling there mother at work asking permission to do something. Seems reasonable, but I agree, can be dangerous using the phone while you drive.
    Steve Balistreri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.