1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I had my Ruger 10-22T barrel altered....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    [​IMG]

Here's my old 10-22T. Mike of Tornado Technologies shortened the barrel from 20" to 16-3/4", and threaded it. He then made a protective cap from the barrel stub that indexes on the hammer forged spiral pattern. The reason for 16-3/4" instead of a more traditional 16-1/4" or 16-1/2" is that Mike needed to clear the darn Ruger safety warning on the underside of the barrel, which is on a milled flat.

The purpose is to compensate for the weight and length of adding a suppressor. The suppressor weighs 4.2 oz and is 6-1/4" long, so instead of an overall barrel length of 26-1/4" it will be 23". I'd like the barrel to be shorter but that would require another tax stamp.

The stock is a camo Core-Lite, which apparently is no longer available. Scope is a Leupold Vari-X II 4-12x. This 10-22T is getting pretty old. I set it up back before matte scopes and Picatinny rails became common. I've never cared much for the factory laminated stock.

[​IMG]

Here's the threading and the cap. It was made from the muzzle piece, so the factory crown is retained.

[​IMG]

I had to switch to a jet black background for the spiral indexing to show. The faint line where the barrel and cap meet does not show except under very bright flash. You don't see it with the naked eye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.