1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I Gotta Get One Of These.........

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hauxfan, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Holy Bat Poop!

If this doesn't get your blood going, I don't know what will.

I need one of motorcycles so I can meet my maker earlier than I have planned. lol

Hauxfan!

2. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

That cat knows how to ride a bike!! Got a death wish too.

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I used to have a kid that worked for me that had a crotch rocket like that, he got 2 speeding tickets in one night, one for going 148MPH and the other for going 162mph, I didn't believe him til he showed me the tickets

I canned him shortly after he told me that,if your that stupid, with you own stuff, no telling how fast he was driving my service truck

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I knew a guy who rode like that until some cowboy opened his door to get rid of his snuff. He aint around anymore

5. Ron Gillatt

Ron Gillatt Member

I picked up hundreds of those guys during my 32 years as a Paramedic in England. Most of them were dead - the ones that were still alive were either paralyzed or very severly handicapped after 'recovery'.

Ron in Ontario

6. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

VODKA induced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! run'em

7. bgf

bgf Active Member

I am still cleaning my shorts...and I was just watching.

8. chipking

chipking TS Member

And that is the reason that I quit riding Motorcycles. Every time I climbed on one my inner child would break free and take control. In my much younger much more foolish days the inner child had a buddy (alcohol) along to help him steer.

--- Chip King ---

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Chip,

You are not alone. Had a Suzuki GSXR 750 myself. Had a few close calls and numerous tickets. Decided I liked living too much and sold it. I have always had motorcylces from the time I was a little kid and still have a vintage enduro bike. Those street bikes with high revving high Horsepower engines and me are a bad combo. I still have to force myself to walk away when I see one for sale at a good price.

10. oz

oz Active Member

I wonder if the russian cops have the spike strips? riding fast if fun, jail is not.

11. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

People used to tell me I went crazy when I got on a bike but I didn't do anything like that. My first fast bike was a Kawasaki 500 that was all tricked out, wouldn't run but 140 and recently rode my son's Honda 600 FTR or something like that and still had two gears to go at 135 and I got out of it. At 64 my reflexes might not be what they used to be. LOL Back in the 80's while stationed in Sunnyvale Ca. it was legal to pass in the middle of lanes and it made me nervous then to pass between two cars or trucks at 100MPH. That was the start of my slow down on two wheel. Most of the time anyway. Jackie B.

12. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I had one of those bikes but it was for the track only. Had a lot of fun on it.
    calkidd_2008_030321.jpg

13. RayReys

RayReys Member

wanted a bike since I was a kid learning how to ride a bicycle - got my first bike finally my junior/senior year of college...but me being me, I took it seriously and safely (compared to all the 'squids' out there)...took the MSF, and picked up an old 94' EX250 in 2005 for 300 bucks (wasn't working)...spent the first year or so on side streets only, attended additional training, wore proper gear, etc. Had a blast, but... mechanical problems resurfaced again...

Bought, and still have a 2nd gen SV650 - used to commute a couple of times a week, did a couple of trackdays, hit Angeles Crest for a relaxing, spirited but not reckless ride once in awhile... mostly drive now due to convenience but there are days when I feel like riding...Bike still has slicks from the last trackday too...which was embarrassingly a while back ;)

I do want to spend a week or two driving up Coast Highway... those avdrider.com fellas keep giving me ideas...those guys are a whole 'nother type of rider!

Calkid - nice bike!

Just like the shooting sports, there's always a few dingbats that make us look bad in the general public's eye. On the one hand I'm amazed; on the other, I have to shake my head.

14. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Don't get mad at that guy, where do you think donor organs come from??

15. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Dang, I just watched it again.

I get some kind of vicarious high listening to that motor wind and watching him bring that front wheel up off of the ground.

Does that make me a speed junky? Oh well, I love it!

Hauxfan!

16. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

We call guys like that ...ORGAN DONORS.....

17. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Angeles Crest? Neat road; used to jump on my dual sport Honda 500 single cylinder at night and ride from Montrose to Wrightwood back in the early 80's. One way to cool down on a hot summer's evening. Daytime rides would take me sometimes on fireroads in the area, sometimes about half of the way to Littlerock.

But even ridden carefully, and mostly cross country in the dirt, or on a very quiet and safe street, well, too much objective danger.

18. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

It no where on this Continent. I believe that video was filmed in Europe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.