1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I got my closet back!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by joannl030, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joannl030

joannl030 Member

joannl030_2008_03031.jpg

After many months of discussion of wanting my closet space back, I finally found a handmade gun cabinet at a local auction for the several guns being stored in my closet. The next best thing is that it was under $100!!!

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I think your clothes would look nice in there. Has a drawer for shoes too.

Wayne

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Hope it's in a safe room! We used to have a night light in the those glass door units and proudly display them on the wall arcross from the picture window.

4. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Hope nobody breaks into your house. Sure would make it nice and easy for them.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I think you stole that cabinet at under a $100. Looks very nice and i like the horizontal storage as opposed to vertical.---Matt

P.S. I think you need a couple more rifles. LOL

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

jees, I figured you got a divorce! Usually the only way you get a closet back. LOL Bill

7. joannl030

joannl030 Member

It is in a safe room. We originally considered having it in the living room, but felt that the safest place was in the "man cave" out of sight, out of mind with a lockable door for when child visitors/babysitters are here. I paid $75 for the unit, but two weeks prior I obtained a Pacific 366 reloader for $17.50 at the same auction. I have to say though, I don't understand people at the auction, they had 2 bags of #8 shot that the buyer purchased for more than the store down the road sold it for, but they didn't bother bidding on a $300+ reloader.
    Jo Ann

8. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Thank You again JoAnn for the cabinet!!! Got only 1 complaint, it wasnt big enough to get all the guns in!!!! So guess you better keep looking for a match to that 1 cause it ONLY got the Ruger rifles in. We still need places for our 3 trap guns and Dads Marlin 55g and 4 others that still need a home.

Thanks

Jerry Lewis

9. grntitan

How much for the Pacific you bought??? I'll give you $35. That doubled your money and i'll pay shipping. :) Matt

10. joannl030

joannl030 Member

Sorry, Matt, it's not for sale. It is being used and it brought back a lot of great memories of my reloading days with my Dad. The only difference now is that Jerry added tubes large enough for an entire bag of shot at once and the other holds approx 2 1/2 lbs of powder. The only complaint by Jerry is that the primer tube is not "see thru", but I bet he figures out something for that, too.
    Jo Ann
    P.S. If I ever come across another smoking deal like that, I will contact you.

11. grntitan

Thanks and actually i probably insulted you. I have a Pacific 366 i bought for a $100. I love that machine and i'm always shopping for a deal on one like you got. I don't blame you for keeping it, its agreat loader. Darn things are built like tanks.--Matt

12. joannl030

joannl030 Member

No insult taken, shoot well! Jo Ann

13. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

That's a very nice cabinet, and at a good price. Great find!

14. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Joann, That's a nice looking cabinet. Did anyone else notice there are 11 guns in the photo? Lucky for you I didn't go to that auction or the reloader would have cost you more. Larry Evans

15. missed some

missed some TS Member

larry, i see 11, with probability of 3 more, nice cabinet

16. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I got a couple PMs asking what was in cabinet,they didnt look like trap guns.

LOL yes got from to to bottom front to back

Ruger 10/22 custom sporter thumbhole match barrel, Mini 14 ranch

77/22vbz custom with hairy target trigger, 77rbz in 223

77/50/ 77rbz 3006

96/22,No1 in 338 win mag

10/22 custom siluette fluted barrel, 77VT in 22-250

On top the case is sons Armscorp 22 bought for 2nd Bday

Missing from pic are H&R 20ga, Marlin 55G, New England .410,Mossberg 22, Browning Ultra XT, Beretta Joel Etchen 687 Combo, and JoAnn's Citori trap.

Told her "We need another just like it, Dont worryI can fill the other 2 spots! LMAO"

Jerry

17. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I have a Cherry wood 8 gun cabinet with glass door and detachable under cabinet for sale in Los Angeles, $150 local pick up only.

18. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

lol we are in NY south of Buffalo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.