1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I got a Christmas card from Tron....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    He says he's enjoying the good weather on his boating vacation.

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

He should have stayed home, where the lake is frozen and you don't need a boat. LOL

3. Psycho

Psycho TS Member

Never buy a frontloading boat trailer

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Some of the very best free entertainment in these parts is to sit down at a picnic table at the Union Lake boat launch and have a few beers. Very very funny stuff, especially the city folks that take their sail boats out once a year. It's funny, it's predictable and it's FREE!

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Almost as good as a 4 way stop in Oregon during a snow storm. It doesn,t snow in our town but about every third year. Bowl of pop corn and a video camera and you have good cheap fun. The boat launch folks are another group that will not dissapoint. Jeff

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

You got it, Tron. In the other century, the wife and I would often picnic at the boat ramps on the Sacramento River and later at the far northern California lake ramps for the entertainment. The tyros never failed to entertain us for as long as we could stand it....breakemall....Bob Dodd

7. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

I've always liked the new bee's, who are so excited to try out there new rig, launch'es it, have's wife or girl friend hold line while he parks the car and comes back to a sinking ship.

8. alf174

alf174 Member

Joe, its even more fun going down to Elizabeth Park on the Detroit River where they have to deal with a hefty current also. Never forget the time a guy forgot to remove the straps holding his boat to the trailer. That current grabbed that boat and dragged his whole rig into the water.

9. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

alf..... I saw an idiot unhook his trailer and drive the truck to a spot. Came back and tried to drive the boat hooked to the trailer. He was hammered (drunk) before he got to the river, we just waited until water patrol towed him back to the ramp. He sure was running the crap out that inboard trying to get going. hahahahaha....

Jerbear

10. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I watched a guy untie his and back down a steep ramp until the boat slid off onto the concrete. Had to chuckle..I wasn't close enough where he could hear me.

Rick in Mt.

11. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

At just about any major boat ramp in Kentucky, the first warm weekend will initiate the boat ramp Olympics. Individual events include:

Removing and using the tow vehicle battery to jump start the outboard.

Launching the boat without the drain plug installed.

Overhauling outboards while blocking the boat ramp. All old Chrysler and West Bend outboards are famous for this.

Running over your partner who has fallen off of the boat trailer while assisting you to back the boat into the lake.

Panhandlers begging for beer from fishermen launching their boats. (This happened to me one morning at about 4:00 AM. I was alone and he appeared from nowhere asking "Got any beer?)

Girls and ladies of all ages, shapes and sizes "letting it all hang out" as they load stuff into their boat.

Ed Ward

12. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

I got a card to, says he is going home early to clean the garage whatever that means.

[​IMG]

13. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Nice Whaler!

14. Herman63

Herman63 Member

When I got married I told the wife never to lock me out of the house as I had a spare key that I named FORD looks like someone else has the same key....

Herman63 from KY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.