1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I finally did it

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barkingspider21, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

In October of 2009 after much encouragement from trapshoothers at my club, I gave in and bought a shotgun to shoot trap with them, first round I shot I broke 20, prior to that I had shot one round of trap in 1973. Never was interested, Shot a lot of high power, ranked as a Master class shooter by the NRA, any way I continued to shoot every thursday evening with those guys. Last year I bought my Grandson a BT99 when he was down here in Fl on leave from the Marines, I shot that and shot a few straights so I went out and got myself a new Browning XT Trap, scores kept coming up and straights became more frequent and last night I finally broke 50 straight, I joined ATA a few months ago and now I believe I am ready to really get serious about this stuff. I am in the process of replacing my red reloader with a nice new RCBS Grand which arrived yesterday via the brown truck. Just thought I would share that with you all and also with Sirmissalot, he left before my squad took the line last night.
    Woody Sullivan, Orlando fl

2. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Great story and it can only get better .

3. TC

TC TS Member

Congratulations Woody, wishing you many more! Tony

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Congrats on the perfect 50 there, but why did you feel the need to retire the red reloader??? Break-em all. Jeff

5. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

Sometimes trap shooting is more of a mental game than anything else. If I start shooting in a slump I start to not believe the gun is any good. Once I get a different gun to shoot, my scores start climbing. Great story!!

6. ABH

ABH Member

Woody,

Welcome to the addicting world of trap shooting. Congrat on your 50 straight. Now the bar moves higher. It always does. That is why it's a great and addicting sport.I have two GRANDS. Your going to love the machine. Good shooting.

ART H.

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Hi Woody welcome to the game congrats on the 50 your hooked now say good bye to your 401K too many places to shoot in FL
    Buddy

8. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

As was said, good story, Woody. Congrats, and keep on having fun.

Jerry in Oregon

9. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Sounds like another shooting colleague has joined our sport. Welcome.

Charlie

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Welcome. Have fun and enjoy yourself.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.