1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I enjoyed this at the Cardinal immensly

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I came into GAME MASTER salesroom and there was Leo and Brad talking about the old times back in the 80s when they were traveling together shooting, the stories they recalled were something to hear and I am not going to repeat any of them, those two should be recorded and put those stories in a book.

One other thing while I was in their these past few days almost everyone entering knew me and I knew them, they all knew Leo and Brad, but I am proud of all the friends I have met in trapshooting all over the country in my 44 years of belonging to the ATA.

We were and other top shooters were saying Pat Mccarthy has not been a challenge since shooting the Blaser and needs to go back to the Silver Seitz as it was the one of the guns that made him an All American

This was not meant in any derogatory or demeaning way just a statement, and I heard this at the Grand American 2 years ago, and yes I did make it to Sparta.

But seriously Brad and Leo and some others could have a video made w/them at a table giving their renditions of their expierences of the past, I loved and enjoyed every minute of being there and just listening.

One interesting point you would not believe how many of Leo's top shooting guns he has had stolen, and had to dial in a new one or break out one of his back-up guns, unbelievable.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm sorry as I said I wouldn't respond to your threads but when you make an asinine statement like:

"We were and other top shooters were saying....."

You have to have been dropped on your head to even put yourself anywhere near the category of those shooters. Are you mental? So you are a top shooter now?? Jeez I don't know if I should laugh or cry from the utter ridiculousness of that statement of yours.

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The DR. did carry a 90% average in caps....3 years.

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Where are the Cardinal scores?

5. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

mash away

6. running bear

running bear Member

Longshot, When you say we, do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Buck

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Shooting 44 years he may well be friends with and be considered one of the guys so to speak ... I'm not sure talking and hanging with the Big Dogs makes you a Big Dog except in his own mind and actually thats okay ... I would bet there are a lot of people who have an opinion about it that don't know or have they ever seen some of the Big Dogs except at a distance much less sit or stand and chew the fat with them about years gone by because they weren't even members then ... Just say'in ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

TS is like a daily soap opera, except you read it not watch it (obviously).

9. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Like I said what a joke. Sad thing he doesnt have a clue.

10. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I know the Dr is often a pain in the ass and that is usually my opinion. In this case I'll cut him some slack as I think it could be just poor sentence structure. The other top shooters could be referring to other than Leo and Brad. He can get on here and tell us whether he was one of the "others". On the other hand, since he kicked Big Dons butt in the big shoot off, maybe the Dr has been elevated to big dog status!

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I never said or implied I was a top dog, I was just listening to some of their stories, you listen and learn, and others glean what they want and must be in a different world and cannot comprehend.

The we was not supposed to be referred as me, that was in error, I do make mistakes once in a while but not very often.

I love to hear stories of the past shoots, and travel expierences.

So please don't think I meant me as a Top Dog.

When numerous people are conversing a " WE" can be used non discriminantly.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

another quick note. I beat the good doctor in the handicaps. It was a tough battle all the way. Sweat running down my brow but I did manage to get past him--ONCE. Had a nice talk and swapped a few stories with the good doc. Motordoctor

13. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Gary.. you never stopped by to say hello at my tent... did I miss you??

How about we bet lunch on tomorrows handicap.. nothing fancy right there at the CEB building for a burger is fine.

Jerry B.

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"Matt....we are awaiting your apology.......more crickets!!!!"

We?? What are you holding Docs Longshorts up? It's funny you would even suggest such a thing would come from me. Get over it, ain't gonna happen.

15. Straight50

Straight50 Member

Hey, he's got his own brick in the walkway leading to the score board area and trophy room. I saw it! You decide?

I saw lots of other "big dogs" in terms of good people having a good time. There was also some good weather, good shooting, friendly people, great vendors, good food, and a very well run event in my opinion. Just a fun time all around!

16. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

One time in Las Vegas I met WPT and some dude named Grammy. WPT gave me some magic shooting rocks and it made me feel like one of the Big Dogs.

GBEER

17. zinger

zinger Member

I still have my rocks!! Thanks again WPT!!!

18. TjayE

TjayE Member

Kim, it looks like the magic rocks helped you yesterday on the Singles event. Congratulations on your GOOD shooting. See you at the Westy. Tom

19. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

hmmm.. about time for the caps to start .. appears Dr Longwind isn't up to the bet. Guess that means he don't have that new gun dialed in just yet, maybe next year.

20. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"The we was not supposed to be referred as me, that was in error, I do make mistakes once in a while but not very often."

Not very often so tell us how often do you you make mistakes? First it was the "WE" then it was the "travel expierences" In the same thread two posts two mistakes "not very often".

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.