1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't want to sell now but . . .

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by amboy49, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I just acquired a 2009 Krieghoff K80 with 32" over/under barrels with factory titanium chokes and flat tapered 10x6 mm rib. I'll eventually want to have the gun tubed to shoot subgauge skeet. I'm not sure I'll be able to swing the longer barrels. Just curious if there is a market for 32" barrels as described above. Might want to trade for a set of 30" barrels if I end up being skeptical about the extra 2" of barrel length. I have two other K80's that are tubed and have no trouble moving those barrels to the target.

At the very least I'm pretty certain I'll either sell the improved mod titanium choke tube or look to trade for a skeet choke.

Thanks in advance

2. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Skeet has been going thru a "longer barrels" phase every since Todd Bender started shooting 32" barrels - Todd can handle them because (1) he's really big husky guy, and (2) he's has been one of the premier skeet shooter's in the world for many years and probably could shoot almost anything.

The trend will eventually redeed a bit and it may have already started as you can find them (32" tubed sets) if you look around a bit. My own feeling is 32" bbls will work great for you if you are a big guy (or gal) and you're fairly young with good eyes and reflexs ------shorter folks should probably be better served by 28" bbls.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

The 30" tubed barrel is the standard for Skeet. Years ago, when I was much stronger and faster, a tubed 32" was too portly to shoot well.

If you are petite, older, frail, etc, the 28" gun might be a better deal for you, but resale is terrible.

Is your barrel a step-rib or taper-rib?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.