1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't understand...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by capvan, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

I don

I apologize if this is in the wrong topic...

I just read yet another article about the "instant background check" thing. It mentioned, again, "internet" gun sales and how they were not subject at this time to the background check.

Ahhh, any gun that I have bought via the internet still had to go to a dealer for a NCIS check. I don't understand how "buying a gun over the internet" exempts it from a background check.

I just don't get it....

cap

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It's because they are either ignorant, stupid, or are lying.

One very minor exception is when someone posts on a site like ts.com and says they will do a FTF sale in their own state. But that is not unlawful in most states and is not what they mean by "Internet sales". It's no different that posting in the classifieds in the local paper.

3. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Brian in Oregon,

I just gotr a letter from my congressman Sander M. Levin. In the letter he states that THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN MURDERED WITH AW'S SINCE "SANDY HOOK".

Your first sentence speaks volumes about our government representatives.

They are all IGNORANT, STUPID AND LYING.

Chuck Stevens
    Royal Oak, Michigan

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Internet gun sales that are sold in State, do no have to go through a backgound check, just as if you sold it face to face. You can ship it directly to a buyer within the State lines. This also allows bypass of the two day waiting period for pistols. Some States, now may have State laws prohibiting this, but not Federal.

If the gun is shipped across State lines you HAVE to acquire a copy of the receiving FFL, to ship to that FFL's address, so they can do a background check, on the buyer, at which time they must fill out BATF form 4473.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Well, that depends on the state. Some states require all sales to go through an FFL.

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

"Some States, now may have State laws prohibiting this, but not Federal."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.