1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't think you can beat an XT!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by myevh3, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myevh3

myevh3 TS Member

I don

OK, I'm sure this will provoke some nasty responses but here it goes. I've been shooting an 1100 for quite sometime. Got the bug for an over/under and after reading everything I could get my hands for 3 months, going to gun stores and shows and looking at everything out there. I concluded by purchasing a mint used Citori XT and could not be happier. For what you get for the money, I don't think there is a gun out there P, K or otherwise that is as nice... The quality and fit are amazying. If you did not know these guns can be had for $1600 you would think they could command thousands more. I beg anyone to differ. Let the games begin!

2. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Your bait is too large, causing excessive ripples. Running the fish off.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

<a href="http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm301/ecshooter/?action=view&current=Fish_tricks.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

ss

4. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

I have an XT. If you mean you can't beat the value, I agree.
    The best gun ever? Well,I bought mine because it was all I could afford. If I had $5K to blow, I would have a 682 combo or a CG.

I am glad you like your new gun.

5. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

If your happy I'm happy. Post-2

6. Lyle

Lyle Member

I have an XT and like it a lot.

Lyle

7. warren

warren Member

Ditto

warren

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I had a combo and it was not the worst I owned but close. I will rate all the unsingle combo's I have owned in the order top to bottom:

#1= Kolar max t/a trap combo
    #2= Ceasar Guerini Magnus trap combo
    #3= Beretta 687 Joel Etchins trap combo
    #4= Browning XT trap combo
    #5= SKB trap combo

The old saying you get what you pay for sure hold true to me.

9. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

goose2-

I have been considering getting a Citori combo - the current version available only from Guns Unlimited, not the one with a top single available a few years ago from any Browning dealer. Which one did you have? If the current version, I would be very interested to hear about the deficiencies you encountered.

I should mention that I have a Citori XT now (which seems pretty good to me, except for the trigger); I am mostly interested in being able to shoot the Citori unsingle barrel set.

Thanks.

Ted K.

10. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Ted - I have a mid-70's Citori Combo (34/32) for sale if you are interested. Unaltered 14-1/2" LOP, still has original pad and case, all barrels ported. Full/Full/Full. Very nice condition, has been lovingly cared-for. No dings, scratches. Receiver has been reblued, but could use a polish & reblue in the lower receiver area due to handling. Very solid gun. Still has original owners manual and two, unused keys. S/N 15910RP1343, $1450. PM for more photos.
    [​IMG]

11. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

...another photo...
    [​IMG]

12. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Marlon-

That looks like a very nice gun, but I think you skipped over two parts of my post -

"not the one with a top single" and

"I am mostly interested in being able to shoot the ... unsingle barrel set."

Your gun is a top single, not the unsingle I am looking for.

Thanks.

Ted K.

13. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I feel that the trigger in my 682 Trap is better than the one in the XT's. Cost was about the same.

14. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

15. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Dollar for dollar - it's tough to beat an XT.

Marlon - you have a PM reference your combo for sale.

Joe

16. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

After a lot of decades and a lot of guns, including the alphabet ones like K, P, B, etc, I went back to Browning.

Fit, finish, handling, and ease of service. Since I used to perform warranty repair and service for Browning, it was a logical choice.

I have the Unsingle Combo that I highly recommend, and a mint, vintage Special Sporting Clays Edition that take care of ALL my clay target crunching chores.

17. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

In the 35 years I have been shooting skeet, trap, and (very little) sporting clays, I have seen all the high dollar guns break down...a lot..I had 2 Beretta 682s and a 687EELL for awhile and had one too many failures. Never have seen a Browning break down. Perazzi gives you spare parts when you buy the gun new...why? K guns require an annual $100++ service and still break down. Currently consider the 2 Browning XTs and 3 425s great guns - dollar for dollar. But, hey, just my opinion...others undoubtedly think I'm totally wrong...just agreeing with the original poster. Best Regards, Ed

18. BMC

BMC Member

Not the best gun ever. Not the lightest. Not the most egonomically designed. Not the most expensive. But definitely worth every penny of the price. I've only known one person to sell their XT because they didn't like it and couldn't shoot it. That person bought a P-gun and can't shoot it either. I have an XT and I'm certain that I would never sell this gun in my lifetime. Never failed me..ever. I'm certain I could put my usual 10,000 rounds a year down the pipes for the rest of my life and probably only need to change some springs along the line. They are pretty damn sturdy guns for the money. I don't think a person could by a better OU gun for 1500-1700 bucks.

19. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I think you will more than get your money's worth of enjoyment out of that XT.

As to the big question of why buy a more expensive gun .... well I guess it is much like why did you not stick with the 1100? Because you wanted an upgrade and want is the operative here.

20. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

The trigger feel of a Beretta is a little crisper...but is it worth all the extra money comparing new to new...no way...shotgun triggers are slapped so the only folks who care are those with releases...and I plan to stop for good when I need one of those

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

joel etchins