1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't like the way things are going

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    When I was young I had jet black hair. For the past 10 years I am totally gray. Now I married a woman who is younger than me and still has her natural color hair.

One day, My wife and I walk into Sam's club grocery store and I ask the pimple faced girl at the check out lane" where are the diapers?".

She steps back and looks at me and she points and says "all the way to your left in the back. Then she looked at me again and asked me "are these diapers for you?".

I got some what irratated and said nooooo, they are for my grandson. She than pointed in another direction and said in that case they are down in the other direction. I could here my wife laughing through out the store. I told her the only reason your laughing is because she did not say that to you.

Like I said, I do not like the direction my life is taking so far.

One afternoon my wife and I walk into a local movie theatre and the young girl in the booth where you purchase your tickets says to me wife" that's so nice that your taking your father out for a movie today".

I said I'm her husband as once again my wife is laughing all the way to her seat.

I don't know if any of you look older than your wife or not? But if you do, what do you think the real reason is that us guys look older than our wives?

I know the answer but I want to hear what some of you guys say is the reason. If there are any woman reading this thread please tell us what you feel the real reason is too.

I will tell you my reason why I think husbands age more than their wives a little later on.
    Steve Balistreri

2. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Don't be so hard on yourself, Steve. I've had my grandson (5) with me, and some people have told me how wonderful it is to have a child later in life. I'm only 59. LOL. Charlie

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I hate it when younger people call me "Sir" !

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Did you spill something on your pants before you went into the Sam's?

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I like it when a younger person respects me, it is so rare for a lot of them to show any respect

6. senior smoke

likes-to-shoot :
    LOL
    Steve

APrice:
    How many times do I have to tell you "it's a big red bush".
    Steve

7. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

I am 65 years old. I hate it when someone calls me "young man". I'm old and proud of it.

8. senior smoke

I look in the mirror and say who is that guy. My mind still thinks I can do the same things that I did in highschool but reality is different.
    Steve

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Nip & Tuck, makeup, girdles, tanning salons, and Clairol. Helen Girly Brown the owner and editor of Cosmo always said, "Never stop looking good for you man."

10. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Funny...It seems that our/my self-image locks in for life at around 25 to 35 years old. I often find myself surprised at how old I look when looking in the mirror. I hear the same thing from my old fart friends, so it can't just be me......Bill

11. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Smoke, dye your hair and go back to school for you masters!

12. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Steve, if you are dressing sharp, people will think you are rich and have a TROPHY wife. Sometimes that ain't bad.

Bob

13. senior smoke

Bruce:
    Not a bad idea.
    Steve

14. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I married a woman who is 5 years older than me. I live with a mad knee from a skydiving accident, a bad ankle on the other leg from a motorcycle wreck, A receding hairline, a bushy gray beard, and bad eyesight due to a failed lasik surgery that was supposed to help me not to need reading glasses. Add that my skin is old looking from working in the weather, and I am weak from 5 heart attacks in the last 13 months. Everyone guesses my age about 15-20 years older than my birth certificate says.

My wife has the same color hair as in high school, (thanks to modern chemistry) runs around like a kid, not worrying about anything that looks like responsibility. Everyone guesses her to be 15-20 years younger. Most people cannot believe she has grandkids at all, let alone middle school aged grandkids.

I guess the moral of the story is that working hard and playing hard is tougher on the body that house keeping and watching soap operas.

15. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Leo, all that stuff comes from being rode hard and put up wet in our younger days

I have friends that never did any heavy work in their lives and are in much better physical shape than I am

I have been doing HVAC work since I left the farm and the USAF, in my younger days I could lift a Carlyle 06E275 compressor by myself to install it, they weighed about 600 lbs, I would wrap it with thermostat wire about 10-15 times so it wouldn't cut into my hands then pick it up and tell who ever was helping that when I said NOW it was coming down, you better have the springs underneath it and fingers out of the way

And I wonder why my back and shoulders were shot when I was 50

16. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Senior Smoke,

It could be worse... like your wife looking like your grandmother. Ever think of that?

Chichay

17. senior smoke

I received a PM today and the guy said if he tells people is correct age they say what the he-- happened to you? So he now tells people he's 10 to 15 years older than he actually is and every one tells him how great he looks for his age.
    Steve

18. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Cat you nailed it once again. Not many women stayed out all night howling at the moon like me and my buddies used to. And sleep? Who needed it? those days surely add to the male physical decline in later years. Bill

19. JRW

JRW Member

DEPENDS do not leave home without them. Jerry in MI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.