1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"I didn't know trap was such a mind game" she said

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Crickets, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crickets

Crickets Member

"I didn

I just got my wife to try shooting trap. She is quite the shot with a rifle, but until a couple months ago never shot a shotgun. Back in July I took her out to the trap field with me, and after a dismal attempt at shooting a 20ga pump ( my trap gun was "too big and heavy for her") a fellow shooter let her try a Century Trap. She shot an 18. Yes 2nd time at trap an 18. We spent the last 2 months looking for a shotgun for her. Found one and we went out over labor day shot 1 round with the new gun and she shot a 19. Last weekend we went out again, and She shot a 20! with lots of "good jobs", "your a natural" and me beaming with pride we shot one more round. EXCEPT! I ran out of the Blue Rio Shells she shot the 1st 3 times, and I handed her a box of red Winchester shells (same load 1180 1oz). When she opened the box and saw the red shells she asked "what did you do with my blue bullets?". I said "Just shoot these, you'll be fine". Well we get out to the line and she missed the 1st shot, then the 2nd and the 3rd, I looked over at her and she was glaring at me with the "why didn't I listen to my mother and marry that nice Wilson boy" look i get when I do something horribly wrong. I immediately knew what the problem was. She thinks I am messing with her because I gave her red shells instead of the blue Rios. After 12 years of marriage I should have known better. Well she missed 10 straight and ended with a 12 or something. After explaining to her, then getting another male shooter to explain to her then finding a lady shooter to explain to her that shells where exactly the same except for the color, and that I was not jealous of her early success and I was NOT sabotaging her by giving her inferior "bullets", she sat quietly for a minute then exclaimed
    "Dang, I didn't know Trap Shooting is such a mind game!"

2. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

"that's what she said."

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Once in a Lewis shoot I borrowed Johnny Boy a box of shells so he could re enter.

He was shooting alongside of me, and somehow the box of red shells had just one blue shell in it. Well he kind of glared at me before he missed the target, and could not understand why I would allow that to happen.

I never heard the end of it. I didn't know trap was such a mind game myself.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.