1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I did it - Life Membership

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pocatello, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I took the plunge - sent in my ATA Life Membership dues today. I could have waited four years and got it at half price when I turn 65, but why not support now an organization I believe in? I've been an annual member for Twenty-four of the thirty years since 1978, so I guess it's about time to commit.

2. guncase

guncase TS Member

I was given my life membership as a Christmas gift by my wife. It cost $75.00 ..said it was worth it to get me out of the house!! Best money we ever spent!! Paul

3. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

my wife and I both became life members this year, Norm

4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

If your in your teens I say yes but if your in or past 40 you will have to sit down and think about how much more shooting your going to do. I at my age will say no to the cost.

5. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Congrats Poca! I did that too a few days ago! Aways wanted too, but didn't have the extra $, just happened I did this time. I just feel I am contributing to the future of trapshooting myself.

Just a small way I can help make a difference for my boys. I will probably get them a Life membership here in a few yrs. also to the NRA.

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I've known all along you were a class act, Poky; truly one of our finest savants.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

7. lancelot

lancelot Member

Must be something going around. I signed up for a life membership this year too.

Ron Ireland

8. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Not me, I'm 70 years old and I couldn't live long enough to benefit. I wish I had back in 1965 when I started shooting registered targets. It was cheap then. RG

9. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

Good for you Larry, glad to hear it...

Now you can get one for you dog I hear too(???!!!).

cls

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I'm glad I bought into the Life Membership deal back when I did, not sure but it was either $50 or $75 at the time, but that was a lot of money way back then ... "Congratulations" Larry but skip the pet thing, its not worth it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Several have posted that a life membership is not the most economical choice for them but they seem to have overlooked a key phrase in pocatello's post--"
    but why not support now an organization I believe in?".

Larry decided to become a life member not because of the benefits it would give him, but for the benefit he could give the ATA.

Pat Ireland

12. oz

oz Active Member

do something good for all us shooters. sign up to be a life member of the NRA. oz

13. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

What ever it is that is making people sign up for life membership, it must be traveling around. It hit me too.

Cost/age wise, there is no way I should have signed up for it. But,I've always wanted to and so I did it.

I figure if I live to be 92 or so, it will really start to pay for itself.

Now, just stick around and see if I make it that long.

Hauxfan!

14. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Oz, I don't know whether your message was directed to me specifically, but I have been an NRA member for over 30 years, and a lifer for well over 25.

15. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Leading by example, the best way to lead. Barry Roach, Life Member #17-50780.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Barry,

That means I have been a good example for over 30 years, (Life Member 17-62225) ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

WPT.................yup!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.