1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I cured cross dominate eye problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gyrine, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Today I went to the trap range and shot left handed. Biggest problem after the first 25 was mechanical, loading and unloading. My last 25, of 150 was from the 20 where I broke 23, as good as I've done since I took up the game again about 2 months ago. I was really picking up the targets well and most of my hits were pure smoke. I think I will stay with it. Anybody need a right hand Precision stock for a TM1? Rich Strickland gyrine

2. too fast

too fast TS Member

Do you know if this will fit on a TMX as well as TM1. Not sure if you can get it high enough for the TMX. Is this the neew style or the old style PF stock? Drop me an E-Mail when you have a chance. Also what are you asking.

Thanks
    Jim

3. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

I'll take the PFS Rich!!

4. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

1moreround, Please contact me at rich602@sbcglobal.net Thanks, Richard Strickland

5. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

doda, My left eye is totally dominate. My right eye is just along for the ride. Shooting from the left side I don't even look at the bead after calling pull. I just mount the gun, pick my spot in relation to the house, soft focus at 50 yards, pick up the target when it comes out with as much detail as possible, I try to focus on the front edge, and let er off. Two eyed shooting at last. No more tape on the left lense. I think this is really going to work. I'm 65, who says you can't teach an old dog a new trick. gyrine

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Conventional wisdom says that your eye dominance is determined in your brain and is unrelated to the strength or visual acuity of your eye. I believe that because my right eye is much weaker that my left eye, yet I am totally right eye dominant, and have no cross firing problems with left angle targets.

7. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

dickgtax, You are correct, it is a brain wired thing. I was left eye dominate when I picked up my first BB gun at 6 years. I shot left handed until the adults got a hold of me. As long as I can close my left eye, rifle, pistol everything is good. Going to the left side was really no big deal probably the only thing I am sort of ambidex at. I would shoot a rifle left handed if I had a better field of view from that side. Shooting pistol is a whole different deal, all the muscles are wrong. gyrine

8. otnot

otnot Active Member

Today I was struggling from the 27 so I closed my left eye. I'm a two eyed shooter. At first it was weird to see the bead in relation to the bird but once I got used to seeing the actual lead needed to break the target I broke the rest of them. Shooting with two eyes there are times that I could not tell you why I missed because I never see the bead or the barrel. One eyed I knew when I the lead looked right. I know if I was left eye dominate I would learn to shoot left handed instead of going through the dots and closing my left eye.Gyrine I would go for it!

9. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I shot with a guy last Sunday who aims the gun. He looks at the bead, tracks to the target and shoots. He broke 98 after a two month lay off. There is "no one way to do it". Plus the eye brain thing does not remain constant, stress, fatigue, and a lot of other things come into play. I sort of adhere to the Zen thing where the eye and brain control without concious effort. That is what I am working toward. I was never able, or trusted my potential when I had a piece of tape over my left eye. I want to shoot trap at this stage in my life "going with the flow" or as Phil Kiner says, "The Force Be With You". I think I am on the right path, and I will be satisfied with knowing I am doing the best with what I have inside me. I think, once you have a ten thousand dollar shotgun and trust your reloads, the game is 99% mental. What a hoot! gyrine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gyrine problem