1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I Called Giacomo Today

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Oh well, I finally bit the bullet and, after long and careful consideration, called Giacomo and started ordering parts for my two new Italian adoptees.

I can see a long and (expensive) relationship with his company. Spare parts, upgrades, better wood, etc. (gulp)

The Perazzi is apparently going to take a small box of spare parts to keep running, but they perform better on high performance targets than any gun I have ever used. ;^)

2. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Define "hi performance targets" please as opposed to regular targets.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

High performance meaning Intl' targets. A couple of springs, a spare firing pin or two, those kinds of parts. LOL

4. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Coach, I too have been shooting a Perazzi since 1989. I bought it new from Giacomo. He showed me where and what to lube and it now has better than 300,000 rounds through it. I have replaced 4 bottom hammer springs and one firing pin and spring and 2 locking bolts. I have not replaced a locking bolt since I learned how to open the gun. You really won't need much in the way of spare parts. Jim

5. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

How do you close the gun???

6. NJFlyer

NJFlyer Member

Hold the leaver open with you thumb till closed.
    Ken

7. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Some believe the lever should be held over, the barrel closed and then lever released gently. The "released gently or slowly" part is how to increase milage on the locking block.

8. perga1

perga1 Active Member

NJFlyer is right but I really meant to say open the gun. That is to hold the weight of the barrel until the lever is all the way over and then let the weight of the barrel drop it open. JRM

9. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Giacomo is a great individual. He repaired my top block two plus years a go at the California State Shoot. I currently have over 40,000 rounds through it. I asked Giacomo at the State shoot if it was still good. He smiled and said don't have anyone touch it and keep doing what he taught me to do.

FlakeTM

When closing the gun, your thumb (one on the grip) whould touch the side of the lever. Don't slam the gun closed. Instead, gently close it and assit the lever over to the closed position. By assistint I mean, one would put a little resistance on the lever so it does not slam over to the closed position.

I have many friends who slam there guns and within a year or so they are forking over the money to replace the top lock. For those that have paid the price, it adds up as it is not cheap.

James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.