1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I buy all my shells at Walmart because

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by JBrooks, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

it is sooo convenient!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EGzHBtoVvpc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EGzHBtoVvpc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Sportshot

"I know China appreciates all your WalMart patronage. Not for the shells, but for everything else you snag while you're there."

Just out of curiosity what is "everything else you snag while you're there" I am interested in knowing all the Chinese items that you can get.

Bob Lawless

3. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I buy my shells at Walmart because I have one less than 5 minutes from my home and because they have the cheapest shells where I live. When I want a quality shell I reload. When I want cheap shells I buy them there. I don't think any of my shells are made in China.

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

It's very simple; cheap pricing.

5. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

"Walmart or not, China seems to be the supplier no matter where you shop"

Boy is this statement ever true, try to buy stuff not made in China and your shopping cart will be pretty empty. The scary part is how much of our food supply is starting to come from China. Scary because of all of the "accidentally tainted" goods (infant formula, dog food, etc) that are being shipped out for consumption. According to the media the folks in China that shipped the tainted goods have been "reprimanded", but the problem continues to occur. I am sure it must be coincidental...

6. shark1

shark1 Member

Wal-mart price. I live in DE no state sales tax, and my wife is a mgr so I get employe dicount on top of that. It was real good when STS's were 4.97. Still can not argue it lets me shoot more with the cost being as low as possible. The store mgr's love when I come in to buy shells.
    Mike Sharkey, DC

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

That map looks the the swarm of killer bees that was supposed to envade us from the south in the 80's.

They got the invasion part right but wrong on the species.

8. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Rember! In the reatial business and good reatiler is not a good seller, he is a good buer. That is exactly what Walmart is. I know individuals who have had the opportunity to sit down with their people and submit proposals to sell their particular product. Yes they are tuff business people with terms, conditions, returns etc. but they do move product.

I look back not that many years ago and people would say don;'t buy it if its made in Japan. Different story today. China is and will become same way. I have seem some quality product out of China.

People complain about Walmart cominbg into a market and putting other stores out of business. Can't blame Walmart, you have to blame you and I as we go to the store where you can purchasse it for less and not to the mom and pop or other store. American way.

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

2 new Wally World were built in my city in the last 2 years...never been in either one..don't even know if they sell ammo in thier Canadian stores...and don't care....

Ron Burr

Alberta

10. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Hey Ron, ask some one to help you find them.

11. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

\Chinese products built from US investment dollars, what a deal.

12. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

#1....Walmart does more than Sears/Kmart/Meijers/You name/ it PUT TOGETHER.#2.I reload and don't care. I care about components for reloading and WALMART doesn't sell shot/powder/wads. So...I buy all my shells at Walmart because I don't. At todays prices .....I can reload an exact NITRO for less than $4.75 per box ......which is WAY less than WALMART can sell them for. I must admit ,I have a SUPER WALMART 1 mile from me....I bought 3 boxes os STS's for $6.97 for the HULLS ONLY.

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If WalMart don't have it you probably won't need it ... Wally World is the most bang for the buck, get used to it or get over it, which ever fits ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

"I buy all my shells at Walmart because"

Walking from the front door to the sporting goods section and observing all the people is certainly a boost to the ego when one's having a bad hair day!!

Beats paying a Shrink....

Curt

15. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

just think if everyone including me that bitches about walmart would have given sam walton a 1000 bucks back in the 70,s we would be shopping at upscale stores with all the money our walmart stock had made us.dwain

16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

What bothers me is Wal-Mart has 4 four clothing lines that are made exclusively for Wal-Mart. Everything else that is Chinese that is found in Wal-Mart can be bought every other department store in the country.

EE that is largest in the World.

Bob Lawless

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

....because I secretly have the hots for that lil toothless gal at the front door that always greets me with a blown kiss and a wink

18. psfive

psfive Member

As a hunter safety instructor Wal-Mart is one of my favorite places. Just the mere mention "We have new class the second week of next month" to the manager and his reply is I want to help. And he always has things like shells and or rocks for the live fire we have or orange vests and hats. No hesitation he just gives it up. Can't say enough good. Paul

19. trackerdan

trackerdan Member

Isn't there something about the affordable wal mart shells Winchester etc. that would make their use challengable at a registered shoot? Like the amount of shot or powder?

20. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

and who's gonna challenge the shells and what "Certified" equipment will they be using for the challenge??

Get real!!

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.