1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I bought the Seitz TM-1 barrel from barrelbulge

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Neil Winston, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

... and it arrived safely yesterday. It's a early Ithaca, virtually unmarked, a close but not perfect fit in my gun (yet). My bore-reader runs the length of the tube from chamber to choke and never wavers a fraction of a thousandth. I'm jazzed, and you will a read a test for another barrel guru's work here next spring; keep watch for it. Thanks, Mike, for a fair deal and perfect follow-through.

Neil

2. Neil Winston

up one time for Mike . . .

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Neil,

I would also be very interested in the measurements of said barrel. I'm trying to get educated on barrel and choke dynamics. Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

ec90t

4. Neil Winston

Thirty-five appears about right, Ajax. As for the rest, I never pay any attention to it. Someday I'll compare all the professionally modified barrels I have but first I want to see what they do.

I do plan to compare this one with a second c.c.seitz and see what's the same, what's different.

As far a posting much more detail than constriction, I'm afraid I'll have to pass. I consider most of that the intellectual property of the producer and don't feel that even though I've bought the product, I can pass around what went into it.

I do feel I have the right to post the results of patterning, speed, and so on, because that's what I bought. The rest still belongs to the other guy.

Neil

5. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Neil, I have a TM1 that I shot until last Sept. that I shot since 1988. The barrel was done by Mr. Seitz. Larry Boyle, a Kentucky shooter had it done when new and also engraved with Snow owls . I averaged 92+ in caps for a lot of years with this barrel.From the 27 with Silver Bullets it looked like sixteen yard line. I also broke over fifty 100 straights in singles with this gun. You will love your barrel. I quit shooting mine when the forearm iron broke and was told none were avalible. I have since had the broken iron welded and Braced.I am considering selling this TM1 if anyone is interested.

Terry Dean
    Ky. Delegate

6. Neil Winston

You know me, Terry; I'm _always_ interested in old Perazzis . . .

You could use the message feature here when you decide. No promises, but . . . The snow owls will reduce its value, of course, they always do, don't they? -but still we may be able to work something out.

Neil

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The "snow owls" are on the endangered engraving list. So, engravings of them means ya gotta pay dearly.. :) Hap

8. Neil Winston

I'm supposed to pay extra for this, Hap?

[​IMG]

Neil

9. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

I was told they were Snow Owls.Heck they could be Buzzards! Two on the sides are Gold, the other is deep relieve blued.I was told a Lady did the engraving.Her initials and the date are under the chocking lever.I will try to get some pictures.

Terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.