1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I bought a gun with a R.A.D. on it adj?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I bought a gun with a R.A.D. on it, can the length of the recoil compression be lengthened, it appears to be less than a half inch, can I get more?

Also how do you lessen the the movement tension, is is also adjustable.

I also did not get the 5/8ths" inch wrench, regular wrench is too big to loosen the nut to change recoil pad height and angle,

Had to completely dis-assemble it and used the boxed end to loosen it.

Also what size allen wrench is the center detent screw, it is smaller than the upper and lower set screw.

I want to get the adjusting detent screw in the hole?

Nothing came with the gun

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. JAAS

JAAS TS Member

Website for RAD: http://www.hartshooting.com/

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Gary. The center detent has no screw. Just a permanent plunger and spring to fit into the stops. the two outside holes have an Allen (3/16" as I recall) and a second one to lock in the first one. Remove the fist one completely, then loosen the one underneath. And pull or push the unit. I do not recall ho to adjust the actual recoil plunger.

4. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

Gary, there are three RAD sysems I was told.

Rad I is not adjustable for length of pull. I don`t now the price.

Rad II IS adjustable for length of pull. Keith Heeg installed one of these for me for about $500.00 about two years ago.

Rad III has stationary comb so as not to remain stationary against your face but still allow for recoil reduction to your shoulder.

The III is also adjustable for length of pull. The last time I saw one of these the asking price was $995.00

5. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Gary, I had one but sold it with the BT - you need to go to the the RAD site and download the manual. The recoil attenuation is adjusted by loosening a set screw and turning the knob on the inner end of the shaft. The two set screws on the side loosen the unit up so you can adjust LOP or take it all the way out. That one center screw, as noted already, does not come out. Call the manufacturer and they will send you the proper wrench for the buttpad adjustment.

Rich

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

instructions are available online...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.