1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I appreciate those personal phone calls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I appreciate those phone calls from shooters with problems they are tryoing to overcome and I hope my suggestions work out for you or lead you in the right direction, I take pride in myself that if I don't know the answer I have the knowledge to go where I can find the answer and pass it on to you.

When we get older like I have, I have passed my prime but I know the difference and the problems or some of them as we get older. But a lot of us shooters that are over 70 years old and havd been shooting registered trap for over 43 years have learned something or at least we should have.

We know the way it was and how it is now and the knowledge to know the difference.

If I can be of help call me 614-374-5567 this is my cell phone you can call me anytime and see if I can help.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Thank you Gary,
    I have valued your posts in the past and have a lot of confidence in your advise. There is so much I need to learn and it is an honor to be able to contact you by phone and get your input on this great game of ours. I look forward to chatting with you.
    Best regards,
    John

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I think I am going to get sick.

Don

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Come on BIGDON. You know it was all that info that Gary spreads around like dung that made you into the All-American that you are.

ss

5. APrice

APrice Active Member

Now we know for sure that at least one of our posters has a VERY active imagination.

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

7. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Thanks Garry, but when I need advice I go to an all American skeet shooter who is always certain and sometimes right.

8. APrice

APrice Active Member

Rick, maybe "Dear Gary" would be more appropriate.

9. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

I believe the appropriate term would be, narcissistic.

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Hey we have "Hot Lines" for everything else, why not Trap? That's why i carry my cell phone to the line with me. You never know when you might need some last minute advice from the Doc.

11. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

. . . and you wonder why you get comments from posters that you end up wanting to block.

Assuming its true that you have received personal phone calls from people seeking advice and you have the opportunity to personally thank them for thinking so highly of your wisdom, why are additional thanks necessary? Seems like your sucking up all the oxygen on here just like the political posters. It gives the appearance of self adulation. Afterall, if you are providing advice, the callers should be thanking you.

Additionally, I would be careful about posting your phone number on here, several years ago an acquaintance of mine played a practical joke on a buddy of his by calling into a local radio station that did a 20 minute swap shop of things for sale, services offered, or wanted to buy. He stated that he had a like new front load Maytag washer and dryer for sale for $250.00 and left his buddy's home number stating that he works 2nd shift and that anyone interested should call around 12:00 to 1:00 a.m. when he gets off work, (the buddy worked first shift and went to bed by 10:00 p.m. like clock work). The buddy had three unpleasant nights as a result.

hmmm, who shall be the sponsor of my doctorate today . . .?

John aka Dr. Promo

P.S. Matt, I always liked throwing rocks at hornets nests, and I am going for the top of the list.

12. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

It's a late entry coming at year's end but I'm thinking this is a contender for "funniest post of the year".

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

you wont' miss me Gary. See ya

14. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

You know, Dr. Longshot might be going for the biggest single catch of the year as well?????

John

15. overbored

overbored Member

Maybe it is not his phone number?? LOL

Hugh

16. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I shoot a lot more singles than handicap. I like my gun to shoot high. If I set my gun to shoot 150% for singles I take them at about 25yds best I can tell, how high will it shoot from my HC yardage of 25yds where I take them at about 35-40 best I can tell.????

17. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The Dr. needs a website so you guys don't clutter the TS.com server!

Maybe a radio show or TV gig would follow?

18. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

OK.. I have never said this before on TS.com.. . or any place else for that matter... NICE JOB Dr Longwind !!

This is the best cast I've seen you make in a long time.. and with your slow retrieve you have managed to lip hook more then your fair share.. It's slowed down a bit, but I really thought you would limit out on this one single cast.

19. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The Dr. may need some TV sponsers....ear plugs would sell like hot cakes!
    (hint,hint)

20. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

I keep calling but the line is busy. I really need some help to get my new slingshot to shoot 100% high at 29 3/4 yds. Hope he dont mind late calls.
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.