1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I AM SICK OF SNOW!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by kehrby, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Sick and tired of snow! Wasn't supposed to snow yesterday but we got another 5 inches. We had a little family get together planned so I cleared my lane in the morning. By two in the afternoon when the family started to arrive I had to get my truck out and pull two of them up to the house!!! My wife loves it but she can stay in the house while I am out there every dang morning clearing it out again. Then even if it doesn't snow the wind is blowing so it drifts shut again. I shouldn't bitch because I wouldn't trade my country home for anyplace near town but this year is about enough!!!

Steve

2. otnot

otnot Active Member

Move up here to Alaska and you won't have to worry about it. It has only snowed a couple of times this winter.

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Amen Brother

Rich (snowing again) in Indiana

4. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Well by gosh--LOL,it rained and we had a Thunder storm last night here in Eastern Connecticut.The temp.was in the high 40s all night and it close to that now in the bright sun .It helped some of my ice issues on my roof gutters but a couple of days like it is now will be beneficial.

Sandy Holehouse

5. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

Snowing again in Illinois too........PLEASE stop!

Sue

6. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

gosh, sorry to hear about your snow. 78 and perfect here today in CA.

But we have earthquakes and liberals. Always a trade off ain't it.

Randy
    wrbuchanan_2009_191239.jpg

7. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

I agree, enough is enough! Went to a fund raiser at local VFD last night & had to park my car at base of the hill we live on, walk up & get my trusty John Deere & plow the road to get car in. The town plows couldn't keep up with it & since we live on a dead end road they passed us by. Knew I should have driven my truck! We got around 12" of this heavy wet crap that wasn't even predicted. Let it be spring!

8. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Randy,
    I kinda feel sorry for you,the weather were having now is just one season of the year,it will end soon(I Hope).I kinda feel bad for you,you have to deal with your issues 24--7 ,12 months of the year.But ---IT AINT MUCH BETTA HERE IN CONNECTICUT,no quakes any way.Have fun man!!!!.

Sandy Holehouse

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Getting some hours racked up in the plow trucks, White gold for us snow farmers.

10. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Shannon391,

Go for it man ,reap the harvest !!!!! LOL .

Sandy Holehouse.

11. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Steve, my dear friend, when you get up her in March, it will all be over for the most part.

See you then.

12. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

My gosh it darn well better be or my wife is going to have to blow 1000' of driveway by herself....... I think that might be a good idea!

Steve

13. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

42 and no snow in Tennessee.....supposed to snow by wed. though.

14. bigdave35180

bigdave35180 TS Member

This is why you never hear of anyone retiring and moving north....

15. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

By the way I am in northern Indiana so its not like we don't know what snow is but this year has been extraordinary.

Otnot, I have been to Alaska, I have a relative in Wasilla. I know sometimes we get more than you guys. Get into the Chugach and north though and I know it all changes.

Steve

16. Hogsan

Hogsan Member

Got up at 415 this AM and drove 2 1/2 hours in the snow to Wisconsin to shoot 50 targets that you couldn't see very well. Great bunch of people great food and Snow up to my running boards. It goes away in the Spring! Been most of the way around the world and there ain't no perfect place. 6 months of great midwest and 6 months of whatever. 4 wheel drive and a little patience. Gotta love it.

Jim

17. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Sandy as far as the Earthquakes go in my entire life 61 yrs, I have been "inconvienienced" for exactly 12.5 hours.

The liberals are a different story and we definately have to keep fighting with them constantly. But like you said Conneticut isn't much better. Who are the idiots who keep electing Barney Franks? I'm sure you didn't vote for him and rest assured that I didn't vote for my idiots either.

If you look at the red/blue make up of this state, the blue atea is along the coast and no more than about 20-30 mile inland. All of the rest of the state is red!

Maybe if we have that big earth quake it will dump the infected area in the Blue Pacific and everything will be just peachy again.

Randy

18. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

Randy,

We have had some real hard core Libs in the state for years!!!!!!!!.Our state ---HAD--a lot of top gun manufactures in it.Winchester-- Colt--Remington and others.Not much support from our ex and current politicians.Big contingent of anti gun people!!!!!!!.Nuff said,bad subject for me.
    Sandy Holehouse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.