1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS CRAP HERE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It's way past time for someone to step forward and speak out.

It really disgusts me when a long time member of ts.com is attacked and abused by some self-appointed jerks who harass him for not purchasing a banner ad here. This self-appointed lynch mob must not remember that the site owner, David, said he had no problem with Rollin not purchasing a banner ad because of his low sales volume.

If you don't like Rollin or his book, fine, I suggest you kindly shut up and leave him alone. It reflects poorly on this site to gang up on someone who has helped others with their stock fitting.

I'd like to know where the moderator is? Why isn't the moderator stepping in on what are clearly attacks posts against a long time, helpful member of ts.com? Come on, do your job and deal with this situation.

2. Brian in Oregon

That a steaming heap of BS. It's not your place to decide who can sell what here and how they do it. That's reserved for the owner of the site, and you aren't him. The owner of the site has already said he has no problem with this. Are you then telling the owner of the site that he's wrong and you've decided you know better and are going to override him? And has it occurred to you that you may be getting some sour replies from him because the lynch mob constantly harasses him?

Disgusting.

Shame on those doing this.

3. Brian in Oregon

If you cannot understand why your harassment of Rollin is wrong, then I can't explain it to you. It's apparent it's long past due for the moderator to step in and deal with these attacks on a long time user who has tried to help others here.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Brian. In general I would agree with you. No one need attack someone who is generally helpful to those on David's TS.com. However, and there is always a however, Mr. Oswald had a chance to help me help a friend of mine with a stock fitting problem. I accurately described my friend's shooting style and asked a specific question about how changing the pitch on his stock might help him.

Instead of offering any suggestion what-so-ever, he maligned my friend by saying that anyone that shot like that shouldn't be shooting. The person I was trying to convince that he needed a pitch change has been on several ATA All American teams but doesn't like to change things. Mr. Oswald's statement was both mean spirited and offensive. All I was asking for was some support for a pitch change that might help my friend.

I said nothing at the time but If you believe in Karma, this is Mr. Oswald's. Like the TV show, "My Name is Earl," maybe Mr. Oswald will learn something helpful to him.

5. Brian in Oregon

Barry, I'm sorry to read about that. But be that as it may, what happened between you and Rollin does not justify a continued campaign of harassment that goes back several years by others.

6. Brian in Oregon

What's really a shame is that you are one of the shining stars of this website, and your opinions are well respected by many. I myself always look forward to your posts and enjoy reading them, and often learn from them.

But you are wrong to engage in this behaviour. It is beneath you. You're better than that.

7. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Brian, I guess you haven't figured it out yet that if you don't agree with the Mods on here it will be a short time and you will be linched.
    It is a sad day when they let people get on someone like Rollin who does nothing but try to help people any way he can. I guess that is why I have the attitude I have. I really don't care what Anybody says or thinks. I do and say what is on my mind, wrong or wright.
    I forgot to mention that Rollin is the man.

8. Squeal

Squeal Member

Another thumbs up for Rollin

9. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I think I'll chime in with my .02 here...I also use this forum as a way to advertise my goods and services and don't mind other people doing so as well. I also happen to own Rollin's book and have found it helpful. But, the way that he advertised in his 2 most recent threads I would consider on the verge of spam. When I advertise my products, I don't simply start a thread saying "Snap Caps for sale" and then immediately delete my post to leave an empty thread. I give a description, a picture and how you purchase my product or how to reach me with any questions. I would expect Rollin to at least post a link to his website, but he didn't even do that. If he wouldn't have also posted two separate threads with the same exact title and deleted his first post, I wouldn't be so quick to consider it spam. So I have to agree with the others, I'm just not as mean about. Josh

10. Brian in Oregon

Josh, did it occur to you that the post is probably being deleted due to the inevitable harassment posts that follow? What would you do if you had a posse of self-appointed vigilantes turning your thread into garbage constantly?

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have seen some threads that had a title but no posting. If someone is selling something but does not leave a pic (when they can) or no discription of the item then I'm not intersested. I will move on. We do have some people here who are VERY THIN SKINNED HERE and think they can rule the site over Dave. We have posters here who know some of the moderator and will report(tattletale) anything THEY dislike here on TS.com.

Now I have to point out something I have noticed for some time here. The site here has rules but some moderators will read the rules one way as the others will read them in another way. In other words one moderator will say yes to something and another will say no to it. One will think its funny as hell and another will think it uncalled for. Damn if you do and damn if you don't.

I'm not attacking anyone here but just pointing things out.

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I thought the threads you speak of were errors. Did we miss a wonderful sale opportunity?

13. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

Brian, the best thing you can do for site is to log off,,,and don't let the door hit you in face!!!

14. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Brian is getting a well-deserved snooze. But he'll be back to his ole self in just a bit.

15. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Wow, some of you guys need to get a life. It's the internet. You think anything posted on it really matters?

Who's Rollin?

16. ouch

ouch Member

Put me in Brians corner. If I had the power I would shut this thing down for "Maintenence" then smite the offensive posters from there on. The shut down has happened before.

I rarely participate because of all the political crap,Attacks on just about everyone ect.

Since I have been here it seems we get a new "Gang leader" every so often that has something to say on almost every post,And like the attention starved kid you went to school with they have to keep pushing the limits til David or ? knocks them back down. Then some learn,Some cry and curse about the "Mods" slapping their hand.Some just shut up and become good citizens.

Some of our members I have seen since my first visit have never contibuted a single post concerning trap shooting, Guns or anything closely related to the sport,At least in a positive way.

I consider Rollin a friend and I am speaking in his favor,Along with many others. It would be a close tie who ends up with more trash post attached to their threads Rollin or Neil. And both just let it roll off their backs.

How about it David,Whiz or ? Richard

17. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

The sun is shining here. I think I'll go shoot some trap.

18. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Well, it's Saturday morning, I'm at work, and don't have a lot to do so I think I'll toss in another .02 worth. I happen to agree with Brian. He may have stated his (our) position just a bit more strongly than I might have, but then maybe he's right in doing so. The point is, I've noticed the attacks on Rollin's posts when he's trying to help with somebody's stock-fitting issue and out of nowhere some jerk of a previously uninvolved third party sticks his oar in the water to take Rollin to task for mentioning his book! That's outrageous behavior and I don't care who's doing it.

I don't know Brian even though we're both Oregonians (big state...) but I have agreed with a lot of his posts in the past. This is just another one. As for Rollin himself, who seems to be gentleman enough to stay out of this fray, I have had personal correspondence with him, I did buy his book, and I have a very high regard for him both personally and professionally. Maybe I'm a little thin-skinned too, but when I see an attack on Rollin on this website I see an attack on a friend, and I don't take that lightly.

no5shooter (Jerry) in Oregon

19. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

If you ladies are offended by what some anonymous person says about you on the internet, you may want to take up something more your speed, like knitting.

Sticks and stones can break my bones...

20. crusha

crusha TS Member

Wow - Bored in Oregon has really got his panties in a bunch today!

Well, put me down with Literalist. Our buddy chooses to advertise his product for free on a public forum, where people are allowed to talk back. He certainly seems to have no problem rooting through all the critical chaff and pulling out the occasinal odd tidbit of praise to use as endorsement material for his product, so I reckon it appears he's bearing up OK under this.

Sounds like somebody didn't get any "coyote" this week.

Buzzy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.