1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I am off Facebook, account hacked, check yours!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by chipking, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipking

chipking TS Member

My daughter called me today and wanted to know about something with a link posted on my Facebook account using my name about earning extra money. Well since I had not been on there for a good while I told her that it was not me who posted it. She posted a warning about it and I just deleted my facebook account. For those of you who were friends on facebook and those who use it check your accounts to be sure you are not being hacked. I thought I had the highest security setting available for who even had a view of my account but it obviously was not high enough. Which is what I told facebook when they asked why I wanted my account disabled.

--- Chip King ---

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

You probably clicked on a fake link that came in an email. I've gotten a few of those lately. Once you do that and enter your username and password, they have access to everything. While not impossible, its very difficult for someone to get your password unless you give it to them (or make it easy to guess), the payoff for hacking your acct isn't high enough to expend the resources.

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

Could be Ian but I usually just delete any thing that asks me to link in from my e-mail but it's possible I missed one while in a hurry.

--- Chip King ---

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Here's one I just rec'd today.

5. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I get those spoof emails all the time and they usually get filtered out by my spam controls on my email. If you get similar emails and are not sure of it's authenticity, go DIRECTLY to the facebook website and log in vice clicking on any links in an email.

6. quartering

quartering Active Member

npr had a good exposee on facebook this morning: china's population is just over one billion, india's population is just under one billion and facebooks population is about 800 million. making it the third largest "country" in the world, run by one man, who controls your personal information his way. if you don't like it, don't join. but you see how that's going... good luck with it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.