1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I am not addicted, i am not!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by neofight, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neofight

neofight TS Member

My neighbor up the hill got me in to this about a year ago. I shot a little when i was a kid, doves and quail, but that was in the '50's.My neighbor asked me to join him for a morning of shooting trap. "What"s that, i asked" He 'splained and i went along for the ride.I ended up ordering a new Browning, a PW reloader and a bunch of reloading supplies.

Wifey wanted in on the action, so she ended up with a new BT 99. I am doing okay, breaking 22-25 on the singles, a bit less on 20 yards, but doing well on the doubles,best to date, 48. Naps are a part of my daily routine, usually collapsing around 1:30 every day, but i find myself thinking about load data, past events, future shoots, choke changes, reclaimed shot, pulling the handle on my reloader and missed birds.

Is there hope for me? am I doomed? Will i come to center and think about fishing, gardening, working on my bio-mass converter/toaster?

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Sorry to tell you this, but you're in for the duration and there isn't a cure. Welcome aboard!

ss

3. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Dude.......You got wifey into it, there ain't no excape now!......

4. Aintlost

Aintlost Member

My suggestion would be to Pray without ceasing. Sorry that you not only have trap fever but you can not escape Wifey on weekends. Just settle in, by a reloader and enjoy. They tell me and I have heard there are worst thingin the world, just glad I haven't found them.

5. shotgun1957

shotgun1957 TS Member

shooting with friends 100.00 a day
    relax and reload your own shells 125.00 day
    shooting with the wife and friends ???
    PRICELESS
    with the first 2 use your master card

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Welcome to the dark side. lol

7. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Sounds to me like you love it already.:) Too late for you when you go to your nap thinking about reloading and shooting birds that you've missed. Put it in the budget and start acquiring all the optional equipment. Dan

8. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

Welcome to the club,you forgot to mention being hooked on TS.com ,that will come ....MX8Dave

9. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Well, you might be able to be saved. I really have my doubts though. When you move to a reloader for each load(singles,doubles and handicap) there is no light at the end of the tunnel!

Ajax

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Ok.. wifey shoots too.. I see color coded shells in your future.. Arguements at the dinner table over 7.5's or 8's.. Honey.. how about trying some 8.5's for the first shot on doubles??? Hey.. I need a new stock.. a pretty one... Who's this Tom guy who does barrel work..??? Did you shoot Harry's new K-80... Hey.. that Seitz sure looks good to me.. Maybe we need a bed rack.. for our shooting van we're going to buy... Think a 6 gun rack will be enough???? How much ammo should we bring??? maybe we should get a camper?? No.. a motor home.. It's endless.. I can see it already.. Have fun and enjoy.. Most trapshooters are a GREAT bunch of guys and gals.. Welcome to the family.. All Good.. Mike

11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

The first thing you need to do is to hide all your guns, reloader and all shells. Then go to store and buy alot of real bright colored cloths and buy/or get your golf clubs and head off for a 2 week golf vacation out of your state (Florida) with your wife of course. Eat, sleep, and think GOLF for 2 weeks. After that doesn't work you can honestly say I'm addicted and there's no escape!!! Let us know how it turns out for you. LOL. Break-em all. Jeff

12. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Now you have to look forward to the day when the wife beats you at the range. I had the same mistake happen to me. The ride home is endless when she beats you....trust me on that one.

You've taken up a sport that you both will love as well as the folks that shoot it.

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club. I wouldn't agree to relocate to South Africa until I learned they shoot trap over here too. So I brought my trap gun with me.

14. kd185

kd185 Member

i dont know about you guys but i can quit any time i want to
    thats my story and im sticking to it

15. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If you have to ask-you are. I think that's a line from AA!!

16. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Its only an addiction if you are "TRYING" to quit. Birdtracker

17. neofight

neofight TS Member

Ha-ha, thanks for the come-backs. I have to admit that i am not completely entrenched in this sport/life/existence/essence of being,etc. I actually fish and crab with equal passion, but must admit that while fishing,discussion often times turns to reloading data,gun-holds, fashionable vests and whether being chubby is a prerequisite for gaining big-dog status.

18. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

If you play your cards right you can come out of the trap game with a million dollars..what I fail to mention is you have to start with at least two. As was said above..Welcome to the dark side!

You'll find yourself dreaming shooting, day dreaming shooting, not hearing the boss at important meetings (mind has drifted to shooting) and many more things will be lost to the shooting game. Welcome to the clan!

Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.