1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I am moving

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by docjonsn, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docjonsn

docjonsn TS Member

as a couple of you know I live in the San Francisco bay area(Hayward)

not one of the best places to be if you want to have a gun and want to participate in the shooting sports.

very suburban with all the problems that go with it. (here we have a large gang problem)

so I have finally had enough.

out to the country I go (valley springs ca.)

I am going from a small house (Apx.900'sq. to over 1500'sq.)on a small lot to 5 acres.

I don't know why I am posting this other then I am excited.

that and I don't think my new neighbor will get scared and call the police when I load up my truck for a trip to the range. (It happened she told the cops that I had a bunch of AK47's in the back of my truck. took over 2 hours to sort it out,1 Beretta 390 and a over under ).

thanks Pete

2. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Move to West Texas, for what you paid for that 5 acres you could buy a half section or more... and never leave home to shoot. Around here you go check on your neighbor if you do NOT hear them target shooting. HEHEHEHEHE

Best of luck to you and really>> congrats on your new purchase. I hope you have good friends where you are moving.

WesleyB

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Keep us posted. I don't think I am very far behind you.

JON

4. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Or you go get your neighbor to do some more target shooting.

5. warren

warren Member

Why stay in high taxes and regulations, there at least 40 states out there that welcome shooters even if they do own AK47s.

warren

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Why not move a bit further north to Oregon?

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Brian, he'd have to learn how to enter a freeway at 35MPH before he could drive where the definition of "acceleration lane" is unknown.....<;-)....Bob Dodd

8. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

After 54 years I am moving too!! from the Peoples Republic of Taxachusetts to TAX FREE New Hampshire.....in 4 more weeks, from a "neighboorhood" acre to 38 wooded acres!! surrounded by woods/conservation land too! and there is a Trap Club 4 miles away! and a small club snowmobile trail out the driveway!!

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

good for you Pete,enjoy!

10. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Pete, It's hard for me to imagine Hayward having a gang problem but I know things are changing. I lived in the San Jose/Milpitas area from 81/87 and saw the gangs move into Milpitas and South San Jose. The last time I visited the Hayward area in 2005 it was getting mighty crowded. We stayed at a hotel next to the interstate and the clerk told us to be sure to park our rental car in the lighted area. I sure loved those hills and Calaveras lake and several other lakes there in Hayword area. I miss it but I'm glad I'm back in South Georgia. Jackie B.

11. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Good for you, Frank C. New Hampshire has reasonable gun and shooting laws, Sunday hunting, good trout fishing, etc...

By the way, do you know why all the trees in New Hampshire point south?

It's because Massachusetts sucks.

12. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Good Salmon fishing too! Here's a couple from Winni yesterday! What a gorgeous day, 78 degrees out, no wind, water temp 43F!! Got a sunburn!!!
    !
    [​IMG]

13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Screw San Francisco.

14. copper

copper Member

I don,t know about problem rates but gangs are everyware NE PA , NW WV I have lived both places and seen kids with the bloods get up .

15. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Frank C, Good luck and best wishes. New Hampshire's not what it used to be, but I guess nowhere is any more. Great lake when there's no crowd.

16. Mr. D

Mr. D Member

A half section has 320 acres. Must be some cheap land in TX.

17. docjonsn

docjonsn TS Member

I have been packing all week. today I loaded the trailer with most of the stuff in storage holy s**t I didn't know I had that much stuff in there. 30' high side dump trailer and the f 250 bed full, there is still 12 boxes of stuff.in the morning I drive to the new place (about 2.5 hours away) wish me luck and if no one hears from me by Sunday send out the search party with shovels to dig a hole.this move is gonna kill me.

Pete

18. porky

porky TS Member

A square mile of land is 640 acres. So, I guess in Texas a half section is a way of saying that you own a half of that. Seems like a common sense way of saying it.

P.S. Docjonsn, Good luck to you. I hope that you make out well and live happily in your new home.

19. docjonsn

docjonsn TS Member

no need to send out the search party, I survived the weekend and got all of storage up to the new place It took 2 trips 1 with trailer and full bed of pickup and 1 with just the pickup.this week is the garage(tools, reloading stuff, freezer, ect. ect.)this trip wont be so bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.