1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I am LQQKING To Purchase a Barrel Case

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by new loader, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. new loader

new loader Member

If all you need is a shipping container, get a PVC pipe.

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Drew: You can make a very sturdy shipping container for a barrel out of PVC pipe. Get a piece cut and buy two PVC end caps. Assure the pipe is large enough to allow you to wrap the barrel with a good supply of "bubble wrap". I purchased a Super X-1 barrel from a private party last year and it came shipped this way. It sure gives the barrel protection; that's for sure. Ed

3. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

Drew:
    Paul (Mr. Guncase) used to make them but I don't think he does anymore. A couple of years ago, I picked one up at the Grand after scouring all the vendors. I was very lucky to find it as the vendors I went to and asked either didn't have them or had one and wanted what I thought was an outrageous price. Mine is a dark green one and I think was originally made for Perazzi. It does come in handy. If you can't find one and decide not to go the PVC route, I could loan this one to you, assuming your barrel would fit. Email me if you want to - delete the Xs.
    Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL
    (XXgbatch@comcast.netXX)

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I ship mine in my gun case from Perazzi or Krieghoff. No worry about the freight apes that way. Hope this helps, Roy

5. guncase

guncase TS Member

I have been out of the Barrel cases since the Grand,, but will have them in stock by November 1. They are lined with velvet and are 4" wide, 36" long with two latches . Look like a pool que case!! Cost $40.00 + shipping. Paul @ warwick case co.

6. guncase

guncase TS Member

I have been out of the Barrel cases since the Grand,, but will have them in stock by November 1. They are lined with velvet and are 4" wide, 36" long with two latches . Look like a pool que case!! Cost $40.00 + shipping. Paul @ warwick case co.

7. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

Use a piece of schedule 40 PVC ... it's indestructable.

8. guncase

guncase TS Member

Well,, I am not rich enough to have a new Kreighoff with the high rib,, but we can measure it. I think 4" should handle it??? Paul

9. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

PVC pipe is the best. I received a barrel from Wrights Gunsmithing and they use PVC pipe. Dave T.

10. Top Single 35#

Top Single 35# TS Member

RAY STAFFORD SOLD ME A PERAZZI BARREL CASE AT A GOOD PRICE,I NEEDED IT TO SHIP MY 35" TOP SINGLE TO WILKENSON.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.