1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I am in awe - honestly

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GrandpasArms, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms TS Supporters TS Supporters

I am not trying to be a wise a$$. I recently purchased a very nice 1100 that has a trigger shoe installed (Thanks, Joe). I like the feel and want one for my BT99. I found that Tyler Manufacturing makes what I want and I visited their website. I checked around and everyone admits that their product is top notch and well worth every penny. Here's what I admire about Tyler's business model;
    ** They have regular, limited weekday hours.
    ** They will not be bother with a FAX.
    ** There is no email address.
    ** They have a phone from 1pm to 6pm, and it answers with, "Hello. We are not available now. Please call again", if you don't pay attention to their hours and call at other times.
    ** No answering machine.
    ** They accept personal checks, but the buyer will wait until they have the funds.
    ** There's no online store.
    ** They don't promise to have inventory on hand.
    ** They don't make any promises about delivery time and their website suggests the buyer will get what they order when its ready.

This seems like the ideal business model, one that I try to emulate as closely as I can in my businesses. Since its impossible to be all things to all people all the time, it is futile to try to do it by being open and available to customers every second of every day.

I am preparing a written order for a trigger shoe - maybe two. I will send it with my check and wait for my purchase to arrive.

Larry

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Tyler has been around fo 60 years that I know of. They must be doing something right.

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Hate to say it, but someone must...it looks like neither one of you will be getting my business. I don't necessarily need someone to answer the phone (24/7), but email is a valid method of communication. If you are not available at least 8-6... in my time zone, too bad, my money moves on.

JON

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I have had dealings with them on a couple occasions. The most remarkable was when they weren't sure which one of their shoes would fit my rifle so they sent me three to try, trusting me to return the other two. I wouldn't say things always went seamlessly, but I always ended up with a product I could use. I always kinda liked those people, guess they've had a little trouble transitioning into the electronic age. Good luck.

5. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I can remember ordering things from Gil Hebard and sending him a blank signed check in the mail. Never had a problem, that's just the way things used to be.

6. 682b

682b Member

I looked into their shoe some time back. The current owner was perhaps a son or son in law They were good to do business with. Their 870 shoe's have been on since 63 I have several on Rruger old model's since the 80's and never had to tighten them. Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.