1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I am a happy camper today!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by birdtracker, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Well today is the last day to wear my sling after shoulder surgery. 6 weeks. Doubt if I should go out and play baseball but may take the wife out to dinner! Hopefully will be doing gun lifts soon! Birdtracker

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Forget about baseball. Gun lifts ... get a Terry Jordan wall chart. Make sure you keep doing your therapy as instructed. Good luck. Bill Malcolm

3. birdtracker

Bill: I have had a wall chart for about 2 years. I knew after I got hurt it was gonna tell me when I was ready to shoot again. Don

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Birdtrax, I alwus figgered y'd wind up wif yer azz in a sling, not yer arm? U sure yer lil wifey didn't broom ya right proper fur helpin some lil ole lady X the street again? :) Hap

5. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Don,

Congratulations on getting rid of that sling.

That is certainly a milestone.

I have only had mine 13 days and I am already sick of it.

Enjoy getting back into shooting.

I really appreciate the guidance you have offered me.

Take good care of yourself

Jerry Walker

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Speaking of camping - did you get a spot at Sparta??

Don

7. birdtracker

Big Don : If I am able to shoot by the Grand it will be a miracle. My Dr has said 6 monthes to a year before lifting. I thought about scoring at Middletown and Marengo but I think Illinois is to far as of now. Take care. Don

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Get well and do it right the 1st time. See ya someplace.

Don

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Been laid up for long periods of time before myself. It's not fun to be restricted from activities that you love.

Get well, feel better.

10. mike T

mike T Member

birdtracker,
    What kind of surgery did you have? June 23 I fell and fractured my shoulder socket, dislocated my should rear ward (only 5% go that way) tore the cartilage in the socket and completely ripped the rotator cuff attachment off the humerus.
    Had surgery on July 1st (5 hours) Now have 2 screws and 5 clips in my humerus.
    In a sling for 6 weeks. Did PT for 6 weeks. Continue to this day on my own. I have regained 100% movement in my shoulder. Still a little pain all the time, just enough to know it is there, but I can live with that. The big thing I know is that I do not have the strength in it, but it is comming back with the PT. The big rubber bands I think do the most to regain my strength. Luckily I am a right hander shooter and I did the damage to my left shoulder. Have lifted my gun and am pretty sure come March I will be able to shoot. Maybe only 100 but that is a start.
    Do your PT and good luck.
    mike t

11. birdtracker

Big Don: I better see you at Middletown for the Mid American with Pat!

Recurvy: I am totally bummed out right now. I have loaded at least 2,000 shells and can't shoot them. Don't let my son find out!

Mike: well I tore my bicep loose at the top, damage 2 rotator muscles and tore my labrium. Doc said since I did such a good job he would throw in the cleaning up of the arthritis and calcium deposits. What a guy! I hope you have a speedy recovery and can shoot again this summer. Rehab is long and slow on shoulders. Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.