1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I ain't taken no da** reduction

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The absolute epitome of someone that either needs to move up, a lot, or quit shooting cap's. Reductions should be made mandatory. This was a score pulled from one of the state shoots.

Name Sq Ydg Class Bank scores Total

DWIGHT 51-3 27.0 SV 13 - 5 - 8 - 6 32

ss

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

But he's a long yardage shooter dangit..,..

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

short shucker, would you mind telling us your yardage!!

4. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

As Paul Harvey would say, what's the rest of the story? This guys gun could be messed up, maybe lost his glasses, or maybe he's been spending too much time hanging out with people who are making fun of him on TS.com. Maybe he doesn't care about the score he shoots and just prefers to shoot the fence with friends he's probably been shooting with for years. He's a senior vet and a 27 yard shooter. In either case I believe he has earned the right to make up his own mind on whether or not he takes a reduction. Him shooting these scores that day isn't hurting you any, and I bet he paid for his targets that day just like everyone else.

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I really like wanna-be prima donnas who insist at shooting at their imagined proper station in life from the 25 and above.

Mandatory reductions.... NOT!

Guy Babin

6. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

That was probably a Nebraska State shoot score..

7. Andy Grant

Andy Grant TS Member

COMMENTS DELETED FOR LANGUAGE!

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Grant. You have an admonition in a PM from me.

Good riddance Andy Grant.

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

My new T-shirts!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

Its summer time boys, usually this hostility is saved for the winter. Stan

11. Ljutic1964

Ljutic1964 Member

Last weekend at a local registered shoot I posted a 48. Yes a 48 from the 23 yard line. My reason...new gun. Thought I had it where I wanted it to shoot. Apparently I was wrong. Your post showed no class what so ever.

T.

12. JES

JES Member

New to the south, background blew my quiet eye, mind, moved from CA - shot Redlands has a perfect background with focal points for targets. Went to TEnn. cows, silos, trees way out there. 53 and that was not handicap!!! After two rounds, it was quiet till I said maybe I forgot to load shot in these things, made a lot of good friends that day and had a good time. Jan Slough

13. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

It's fair to say...SV. Means.. He's been a Member for a Long Time, Regardless of His scores of Today. He was a Great Shooter at One Time...Your Not Invited to the 27...You Earn the Right to Stand There..One yard and or Win at a Time.
    Until,You Have The PIN....Comments about weather or not WE can continue to Stand Proud of Every ATA Member's Goal...To Be a 27yard Shooter... Is Pure Dribble. Get There..Then We can Talk about Who can stay and Who should Go. Until Then,Shoot Well..Shoot Often with Family and or Good Friends,Bart

14. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

Thank you Bart. Well said.

15. FLIP

FLIP Member

just remember, you have not shot your worst score yet

16. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

SO! ?????????????????????? As above he paid the same for his targets as everyone else didn't he?? Ross Puls

17. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Someone's yardage should be of on concern to anyone. Many shooters are over handicapped and refuse reductions. So what. It's their choice. That being said, maybe they should shoot with friends and not squad with strangers. It is somewhat distracting when someone on the squad is missing 10 or more per trap.

EE Bornman

18. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

If it distracts you to have someone on the squad missing then it's time to toughen up the mental game. I need to work on this too. I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would complain about someone shooting poorly from a yardage they choose to stay at. If they were forcing reductions then I'd probably stop shooting handicap if my averages were bad enough to get one. I don't want to shoot up closer for a few reasons. First, I like the shooters I'm with now (not gonna say more about that as I don't want to start a war so don't read anything into that just take it at face value). Second, it's not handicap at short yardage just super singles and I like the game being different than singles which can be boring. Third, moving further back has made me a better shooter and taught me more gun control. All that said, if I began shooting poorly at my yardage and refused a reduction, this hurts you how? You should be happy about it as I am bringing money with me to the shoot, contributing and if I have little to no chance of beating you because i refused a reduction then I'm just adding to your winnings.

19. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

In an effort to be reasonable,since back fence rights are earned, the right to stay there should be earned as well.If you fell in and got the 2 yard reduction, I hope you took it. Refusing reductions is a matter of pride, your own way of saying you can't shoot your way back.Everyone has yet to shoot their own worse score. I feel for anyone that shoots scores like that, they are trying and not having much fun or maybe just come back from surgery or a long layoff and then all that matters then is they are out there shooting. I sincerely hope they have better days ahead.

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If all the people who complain and worry about the long yardage or any yardage shooters for that, would worry about their own shooting (business) they would sooner or later become a longer yardage shooter or not ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.