1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

I agree with Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by m12superx1, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m12superx1

m12superx1 Member

Anyone hear Ron Paul yesterday as he stated that the conflict with Iran's nuclear program reminds him of the rhetoric that dominated as we discussed going to war with Iraq in 2003? I can't understand why we have so many prominent politicians screaming for war when we do not have the proof we need to justify American lives. I do not lean to the left or right politically, but think Isreal should not be allowed to push us into conflict. What say you?

Curt Lovejoy

2. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Is this how it went down?

tinman88_2008_030341.jpg

The other "top tier" (R) candidates, he didn't even have to ask.

Or on BBC: Israel's undeclared nukes get a mention on the BBC
    One cheerful moment, on last night’s Newsnight. Jeremy Paxman actually challenged the Israeli Ambassador, who seemed keen to attack Iran, over Israel’s nuclear weapons. First time in years I heard such a thing on the BBC.

Then when the Israeli Ambassador replied “Israel is not the one threatening to attack other countries” Paxman replied “You just discussed attacking Iran”.

All of which is entirely obvious, but almost totally absent from broadcast media.

3. m12superx1

m12superx1 Member

Exactly Tman, sorry I missed your PM earlier.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

David(the site owner) added the Political section for the sole purpose of keeping this political crap out of the shooting section. Try following the directions next time.

5. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15222134/ns/nightly_news-nbc_news_investigates/t/spy-jonathan-pollard-caught-tape/

By Lisa Myers & the NBC Investigative Unit
    updated 10/11/2006 1:11:15 PM ET 2006-10-11T17:11:15
    Print Font: +-WASHINGTON — What you see here is rarely caught on tape — a spy in action.

"This is Pollard actually in the act of stealing highly classified information," says formal Naval investigator Ron Olive. "1500 top secret documents in a matter of seconds."

Olive helped catch Jonathan Pollard and has written a book about the Navy intelligence analyst who spied for Israel.

NBC News has obtained surveillance video, which for the first time, actually shows Pollard pilfering classified documents and stuffing them into a briefcase supplied by Israel.

When a co-worker walks by, Pollard reaches to close his drawer, then resumes what's he's doing.

"That tells us that he knows that he is stealing," says Olive.

Soon, the briefcase is so full Pollard has trouble closing it! But eventually he succeeds and walks out the door with some of America's most sensitive secrets.

.Over 18 months, he stole an estimated 1 million documents, including sensitive intelligence about the Soviet Union and the Middle East, potentially compromising sources and methods.

"It devastated the national security of this country," says Olive.

Though Pollard confessed to the crime, leaders of Israel and Pollard's supporters in the U.S. have vigorously lobbied to get him released from prison or pardoned, arguing that he was, after all, spying for a friend of the U.S., not a sworn enemy.

Pollard was sentenced to life in prison and has served 20 years.

"He has served longer than any American in history for spying for an ally, and every day he spends in prison now is a day of injustice," says Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz.

But prosecutors and those familiar with the still-classified details of what Pollard gave the Israelis for $54,000 in cash and gifts say that a pardon is unthinkable.

"It was the closest guarded secrets that this country had," says Olive.

The Israeli government says it will continue to work for Pollard's release on humanitarian grounds.

NETANYAHU PRESSURED OBAMA THIS WEEK FOR RELEASE OF POLLARD

6. m12superx1

m12superx1 Member

Sorry to offend you Grntitan- I will try to pay more attention to the rules. By the way, saw your post for the ghost sightings. Thanks

7. capulona

capulona TS Member

I was hoping you said RuPaul - I would definitely vote for RuPaul:

http://www.logotv.com/shows/rupauls_drag_race/season_1/series.jhtml

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

They are not pushing us,,,,we have been pulling them for years from protecting themselves with vigor. My opinion is Ron is anti-Semite and does not support Israel at all. He has an isolationism ideal that does not work in today's world.

You also cannot "just talk to" a mad man like Ahmadenijab who has said on numerous occasions he wants to wipe out Israel.

9. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Bigdogtx, Do you have any documentation concerning that Ron Paul comment? My opinion is that Ron Paul (says) he is against world wide war making. That says nothing about a dislike of Jewish people.

10. bigdogtx

If you notice he NEVER supports Israel against Iran, Egypt Syria, Palastine. He has done this for years. He likes American Jews as they are here and can support and vote for him.

You will have to cut and paste these
    http://www.fox19.com/story/16327085/reality-check-are-ron-pauls-views-on-israel-misguided-and-extreme

http://frontpagemag.com/2011/12/13/ron-paul-not-anti-foreign-aid-anti-israel/

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57330050-503544/ron-paul-israel-can-take-care-of-itself/

Paragraph 3 on this one;

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2826526/posts

Do you need more?

11. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Bigdogtx, You did not address your position that Ron Paul is "anti semetic".

"-check-are-ron-pauls-views-on-israel-misguided-and-extreme?"

paul-israel-can-take-care-of-itself/

The first title is supposition and speaks to where the writer wants to take the topic. The second title is (I think) a fair question. The aggressive policys of the Likud party have polarized the region. Many people in Israel do not support the 'in your face' attitude of the policy makers presently holding office. Are they anti semetic?

Here is paragraph 3 & 4:

On page 317 of his book, “Liberty Defined,” Paul laments the influence of the Israeli government on America and the “apartheid conditions that Palestinians are subjected to.” He says that “Even newspapers in Israel are willing to discuss this issue openly, but it is essentially never permitted in the United States.” He praises J-Street for challenging “AIPAC’s monopoly control of the discussion” and Peace Now. He expresses his pleasure that an anti-Zionist group called the American Council for Judaism has growing support.

The American Council for Judaism is opposed the concept of Jewish nationality and a Jewish state. The editor of its publications, Allan C. Brownfield, told the New York Times that “While we wish Israel well, we don’t view it as our homeland.” In the fall of 2010, he wrote a glowing book review of “The Dark Side of Zionism.” The title speaks for itself.

This appears to be a discussion by Jewish people. Are you saying they are anti semetic too?

My post above has an exchange with the Israeli Ambassador saying "we're not the ones threatening to attack"- Oh, Yes you are.

12. leadvail

leadvail Member

Whats his class and yardage? Thought so...

Bob

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Obama is no friend of Israel.

But an election is coming up.

Go back a few months to his insulting behavior, refusing to have his picture taken with Netanyahu, Insulting remarks with Sarkozy, and much else.

Now he talks good buddy crap.

Bastard.

HM

14. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Thunder - Hitler did not attack Pearl Harbor.

15. JDNY65

JDNY65 Member

Ron Paul is a serious threat to the establishment so they use the media to skew the truth in order to discredit him. Anyone that says his foriegn policy is "dangerous" or that he is an "isolationist" gets their information from the main stream media.
    Here's an idea, do your own research and form your own opinion based on the facts. Not on what some bought and paid for so called journalist tells you.

Iran getting a nuke is nothing more than war propaganda. They have been spewing this same BS for over 10 years now. Do a search. You will find articles from over 10 years ago warning that Iran would have a nuke within 2 yrs. This is the same country that hasn't figured out how to refine their own crude oil into gasoline!

Follow the money. It always leads to the truth!
    JD

16. capulona

capulona TS Member

Tell me if this is wrong: The US of A supports Israel because most Evangelists (and Christians in general)believe that for all of the prophecies to come true (such as the return of Jesus), the Jews have to have return to the homeland, therefore the state of Israel must exist.

Right?

17. bigdogtx

JDNY,,,,,I get my info from Ron Paul's mouth,,,,,in almost every debate he stated that we don't need to be fighting other countries' wars,,,,,,that we should close ALL our oversea bases,,,,,that we should "talk to" Ahmadinejad who has said in SEVERAL speeches that he wants to "wipe Israel off the map",,,,,,he thinks we can sit down and talk to Kim Jung Un,,,,,,and this doesn't concern you?????

So just "where" does the money lead?????

Cap,,,,,Israelis are God's chosen people and were given their lands by God,,,,,,They are also the ONLY ally in the middle east that can be trusted year in and year out....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.