1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hyundai accent

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by stu mackay, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stu mackay

stu mackay TS Member

My wife drives a hyundai accent and it recently refused to run. It will start easily and then die. We took it to a shop were they replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump., and various senors. The computer doesnot show what is wrong. any body have similar problems. thanks stu

2. oletymer

oletymer Member

Check to see if the vent on the gas cap is plugged. Try running it in the drive way with the gas cap off.

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Umm, I could be wrong but I don't think cars have had vented gas caps since the 80's. Hydrocarbon emissions control.

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

You took it to a shop?

Take it to the dealership--

how many miles on this and what year?

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

GN7777777, spoken like a person who has money to burn. Take your car to someone who knows someone in the shop at the dealer. He will call and find out what to do. It will cost you less then the dealer.

6. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I thought that line of cars had a 10yr 100,000 mile warranty ... seems to me if it is already out of the warranty it might be time for a new car.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Go to Auto zone and have it scanned. They will not erase a code, but will read it and tell you what it says. Then call the dealership and talk to the service advisor. Sometimes they will let you talk to a line mechanic.

If you can replace a part yourself, the code should go away if you disconnect the battery and hok it back up after 5 minutes.

Works on my wife's Kia, made by the same company.

HM

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

1 gallon of 93 octane ...liberally doused on interior....1 lit match thrown inside...close door and run away fast....call insurance co. ...ALL FIXED!!...now go buy a Ford!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.