1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hypnosis for trigger frease??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JONNY D, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

has anyone out there tryed hypnosis for trigger freaseing, i use a release trigger for trap and skeet ( release pull ) and love it no problems at all, but they have baned release triggers here ( ozz )for sporting and compact ( differant assosiation ) and although i can use a pull trigger i do frease now and then, so has anyone tryed this hypnosis for overcoming this problem with any joy!!

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Don't know anyone who has used hypnosis to solve this problem. But I do know that having a good pull trigger, one that has a clean crisp let off and a consistent weight of pull can help. HMB

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Absolutely! Worked for me a couple of years ago. Well worth the money.

4. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

shooting coach, do you still use a pull trigger? did you have to go to a release trigger and if so how long did you shoot it for! HMB i know what you mean but i tryed so hard for sevaral years before giving in and shooting a release, and i shoot a crown grade k80 with the best consistant pull possable with no joy just a frease, now with release im back tO AA again, but i do want to shoot sporting and i can not use the release!!

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Hypnosis seems to help some and not others.

Pat Ireland

6. Boz

Boz TS Member

Hypnosis?

Simple.....Join Collie Clay Target Club and you too can live in a state of a permanent trance and feel numb all over and bury your head in the sand, then you don't suffer any trigger freeze 'cause if you didn't see it, there's no problem, just like their other members. That's a sort of hypnosis isn't?

Trigger freeze (or actually hitting targets), not a problem, isn't that right oh tattooed one?

From a Perazzi owner who does not belong to Collie, but spent way too much time at the Collie Club and maybe their "hypnosis" made me commit and now awaiting delivery of a K-80

PS About time you bought a decent gun. Have you actually heard of P.E.R.A.Z.Z.I? I may know were there's one or two for sale at reasonable prices - even come with a free set of steak knives!

7. Shooting Coach

It seems to me that trigger problems start happening when one gives conscious thought about it. After self hypnotic re-enforcement, I try to put conscious thought into simply focusing on the target, and let auto pilot (reactive brain) take care of everything else.

When I thought about the trigger, I had conflicts about when to hit the trigger. (Not yet, not yet, TOO LATE, HIT IT NOW!!!) This caused me all kinds of problems.

No, when I am in the zone, I do not have a conscious recollection of pulling the trigger.

BTW, I like the release, but as a Defensive Firearms Trainer, getting used to a release will cause me problems when doing training that I get paid for. An ND in front of a class will damage, if not destroy my reputation as a reputable Trainer, and besides, I like to shoot Bunker. A release is not allowed for this most delightful of disciplines.

If I were to only shoot ATA trap and American Skeet, and nothing else, I would go to the release.

YMMV

8. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

try taking a break from shooting for a week or two

9. Shooting Coach

Hatshooter also has a good idea. Go fishing or golfing for a while. A big holiday is coming up, enjoy life. If the glitch with your shotgun has gotten into your head, it is not fun now.

10. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Have your triggers tuned to 5.25 pound pull

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.