1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hydrolic unit for mec

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mx8dave, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

where is the best place to buy a new hydrolic unit for my Mec 9000 ,,I live in the west ,,thanks ,,D. Lang

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

The MEC now uses basic motor oil, a non-detergent SAE 30 weight.

3. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Have you considered the electromate for the mec? It is easy instal, makes the mec all one unit, runs very quite, and costs about the same as the hydraulic unit without having to wory about a pump and hoses running to the unit. Wifey bought me one for Christmas, and i love it. When i need to travel n want to take it with me, just pick it up put it in the 5th wheel plug it in(one unit all boted together) and use it. Give it a thought

Bob

4. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

did you call mec

5. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

Mec told me to call a distributer,,my electric motor went gunny bags ,but the pump is ok ,,,,D.Lang

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

DLANG... If it's just the motor, take it to an electric motor shop and have it rewound. No big job to do. As long as the pump unit is ok, you can have the motor rebuilt pretty cheaply...Dan Thome (Trap2)

7. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

I lost my hydraulic unit on my Hustler in the flood of 1993. MEC wanted more for a new unit than I paid for the whole thing so I ordered a 'kit' for less than $20 and converted it to a Grabber!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.