1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hydrogen fuel cells for trucks

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by John Galt, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

By all means buy one of those hydrogen kits, they do a great job.

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Hydrogen fuel cell retrofit - $500 ???????? hmmmmmmmm.

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I would be more interested in converting to natural gas. Low price for the fuel and no road tax.

Jim Skeel

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

I agree with Galt, copper. Those things are absolutely great. I have a friend of a friend who tried one, and it decimated his fuel costs, and was easy on the environment. Even has a union label on the side, and a "safety valve" which makes it possible to smoke while operating it (I wonder why Bush would never allow these to be sold? Probably in cahoots with Big Oil, I guess).

Buy with confidence. Just make sure you follow the instructions...

5. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Look at the website and be sure you are talking about hydrogen.

Propane conversions may be what you are looking for. CNG - compressed natural gas - is great but not very available.

6. Skeety7

Skeety7 Member

Propane is not available for fuel injected vehicles but some are available for
    carbs powered.

7. copper

copper Member

Honda already makes car do web search all kinds of info on the fuel Cell, There we go now wind out of sails any other real info out there . Did Wikipedia search a few car Co Have made these cars more coming out don,t worry John you are safe you most likley will not get a LIC back by then a couple years. Thanks, I just love asking a question and people with no info feel need to respond ,

8. TD1958

TD1958 Member

We actually experimented with making our own kits. Very hard to get the correct voltage, metering of fuel. It did help on the fuel economy. You may be better off spending some money and buying one with all the engineering done. When you say 2003 6.0 are you referring to a diesel or chevy gasser? If diesel you can add a tuner and increase fuel economy into the 20+ miles per gallon very easily. Good luck,Tim

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Didn't an exploding fuel cell almost do in Apollo 13?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.