1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hydraulis/electric reloader?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by joetrap52, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joetrap52

joetrap52 TS Member

I have to switch to an automatic reloader...shoulder pain.
    recommendations???

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

If you want quiet and no chance of any oil leakage, go with Mec and their Auto-Mate electric loader or............I thnk Whiz can fix you up with a PW with an electric hookup too........

Hauxfan!

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I prefer the MEC 9000H. It is controlled by a foot pedal, and I don't have to use two hands just to press the go buttons. Instead, I'm reaching for another hull and wad. Some will complain about some sort of extra noise with the hydraulic but I have not had a problem. Maybe by the point that I needed to use an automatic machine, my hearing was shot to heck anyway? I understand the Spolar is a great machine, but its reloads are not any prettier than those my MEC turns out.

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

For Mec, Automate for sure. You will never regret it. Best thing that ever happened to Mec ESPECIALLY if you have shoulder pain.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

I use a PW hydraulic with my PW press. I have been very satisfied. I have seen several electrical units and they seemed to work fine. I would definitely recommend one that is controlled with a foot switch. Besides helping your shoulder, either a hydraulic or electrical system will give you more consistent powder drops.

Pat Ireland

6. chipking

chipking TS Member

joetrap52 I would go with a PW or Spolar loader using the new PW Auto- Drive electric unit. I spent years working on hydraulic antenna drives for radars and no matter what the hype by the maker there are only two kinds those that ARE leaking and those that WILL BE leaking. Plus they are noisey and generate heat and stink. The PW unit can be had with a toggle switch or a foot switch and are very quiet when running and generate far less heat and no stink or leaks.

--- Chip King ---

7. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I have had several different variations; both electric and hydraulic work well. It really boils down to what works best for you. I have used Mec/automate, P/W-automate, and settled on P/W-Spolar hydraulic. I would probably go Spolar loader, but won't give up my shell feeder. With the foot control, you just watch the stations, and put in a wad at the right time, hit the throttle again. Out pops a perfect shell. I have not seen any significant differences in the loaded shell between any of the units, but do find my reloads with the P/W to be incredibly consistent.

I am sure those with Mec/new automate find them to work well. The big advantage to those units are the ability to put them just about anyplace and they work. My reloader/hydraulic unit sits on an industrial strength bench. I was thinking of getting a mec/automate unit to load in California since I would not be limited by where I could use it. However, I have not been able to run myself out of shells so I decided that was not necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.