1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic trap roof lift

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Potosky, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I attended a shoot at the Valleyfield club in Quebec, Canada today and was shown what they came up with to lift the trap house roof.

You push a button and the roof lifts automatically. Bush a button and the roof closes. Was told some kind of safety mechanism is installed so you can't accentendly close the roof on someone.

I gather somehow all of this is hooked into the Pat Trap Hydraulic system, but not sure. It was cold, windy, snowing and/or raining and I did not ask all the questions I should have. I do remember hearing it cost $600 to build.

By the way, the club has either the first or second PAT Trap that was built. They purchased it used after a rebuild.

2. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Gulf Rifle Club in Port St. Joe, FL has a lift. Check out the above web page. It works very well and makes if very easy to get in and out.

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

A buddy built his trap on his ranch in Texas with a rolling roof for easy access. Works like a charm!!

[​IMG]

Hap

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

I didnt get here fast enough
    the lift is in the way and cost too much the one Hap posted is what we used 30yrs ago. It s cheap and easy I dont know about Haps but we had rollers on both sides of the oak 2x2 That way wind dont blow it off

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

HAP: Have your buddy email me. I have a ton of W-W parts I'd be will to give him as long as he pays the freight.

I no longer handle any of the W-W line.

Whiz

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Thanks Jim!!

I sent him an email telling him of your gracious offer! He'll be emailing you soon from Texas.

Thanks again Whiz.

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.