1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hydraulic set up - anyone build their own?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hookedonshooting, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

Being a quasi enginerd, and cheap, was curious if anyone has made their own hydraulic set up for their reloader. Putting it on a PW 950. So far im leaning towards a DC Gear driven systemthats reversable. Not sure how much torgue it needs relative to the HP specs. Anyone?

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Have one for $550 plus shipping from VA.22401 Jeff

3. Hookedonshooting

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I wish someone would build one for the Dillon SL900. They've got one for every other Dillon brass reloader. I'd buy one in a New York minute.

5. Hookedonshooting

Got a couple ideas. Will let u know how they turn out. SAMPLES are u out there?

6. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I run my 950 on air over hydraulic. About 350.00$

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid147.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fr320%2Fhimark900%2Fwyattvideoreloading.mp4">

7. samples

samples Member

I built one several years ago, and still use it today. Use it on a Pacific 366 but it could be adapted to anything-- Use a "BIMBA" two way air cylinder. If it will hold air it will hold hydraulic Fluid-- For the Hydraulic Fluid I simply used Automatic Transmission Fluid. For the Control, used a Log Splitter Value; had the hydraulic line made at Napa Auto Parts-- Now for the Power Supply (this was the Tricky Part) you need a power supply that will run a constant pressure, I tried several different motors and set ups including a hydraulic unit from a Hospital Bed, AND then it came to me-- Power Steering Pump off a 1970-1980 Chevrolet 350 engine ( any will work) "V" Belt and 3/4 to 1 hp electric motor. Hooked it all together and with some tweaking it has worked perfectly for over 15 years. Crude? Yes, Cheap? Yes. Reliable?? Yes-- Had to put a limiting value on the One side to slow it down. I also put a "lighter" spring in the Hand Control valve as my 12 year kid was helping and I wanted him to make sure that his hands were clear when he pulled the handle. I have had a few seepage problems from the air Cyclinder but that has been after 1000's of shells. send me your email and I will send you pictures if you want. Later