1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic Pump Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by md-11, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md-11

md-11 TS Member

I have an individual that is offering to sell me a hyd. pump unit for my mec 9000. It does not look like one of the new models and says DOERR Electric on the motor and Stone Hydraulic Ind. on the pump portion. Does any one have any experience with this particular pump set-up? Any ideas how old it might be? He is selling it for a lady that her husband died and this came off of one of his many reloaders. The price he is asking seems like a screaming deal - maybe too good of a deal??? Hopefully not - any help is greatly appreciated

Jeff Daigneau

2. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Jeff the bigger question is how hard would it be to replace the pump or motor. doerr motors are fairly easy to find .the stone pump not so much.check e bay or a local supplier to get some idea how much it would cost to replace either one.if you have a Jr. college in your area that has a hyd. class they might rebuild it just to learn how or better yet have them make you a new power pak with a more popular pump.
    Tracy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.