1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hydraulic cylinder leaking. Help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

A friend has a hydraulic 9000H and the cylinder is leaking. Does anyone know where You can get a repair kit? Any other suggestions. Jackie B.

2. locdoc

locdoc Member

I hesitate to ask the obvious but has he checked with MEC yet???

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

3. Shooting Jack

I tried to call several times but the response was all lines are busy, please try to call later. Jackie B.

4. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

cyl. use to have a life time warranty,if you call them and tell your story they should send you a rebuilt unit but you must send your old unit back or they will charge you full price for the rebuilt one.This was their policy about 5 yrs ago as i had a leaker too...good luck

5. Shooting Jack

I finally found out that they will rebuild your cylinder for $45.00 if the cylinder is the newer style. The newer style is threaded on both ends of the cylinder and the old style is welded. If you have the old style you have to buy a new one. Jackie B.

6. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

MEC does not list the parts as a "rebuild kit" but they have the individual parts that do the same job. On another website, I saw this listing of the part numbers:
    QTY -- Part Number -- Description
    2 ----- 2020 ---- O-Ring
    1 ----- 8860 ---- Seal 1" Polypack (Piston)
    1 ----- 8858 ---- Seal 1/2 Polypak
    1 ----- 8765 ---- O-Ring
    This is the "package" of parts needed to rebuild the rebuildable cylinders. It does help if you have the numbers, otherwise they have to find them in the computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.