1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hyd Mec slow to returnl

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by birddog1964, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Hello,---- It could be a couple of things depending on what series press you have on a 9000H with a vent hose you may have the lower seals leaking and holding the piston from returning until it removes all the oil from the vent hose.---#2 On the pedal assembly you have a big nut behind the pedal take it out and replace the 3 O-rings it is very easy to do and when you do that drain al the oil in a clean white bowel and see if there is any type of contamination like small pieces of rubber from the hose etc, if not put 10/30 oil back in it and give this a try and see if this helps.

thanks
    lee
    [​IMG]

2. BillJ

BillJ Member

I have had 2 of them, both needed the small return piston replaced.

3. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

I'd call Mec directly and find the right answer to your problem instead of relying on opinions of us other shooters.

4. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I bought a used 650 Hydro-Mec from an old friend and he had a tag on the fill spout.."USE TRANSMISION FLUID ONLY" I don't think it's a factory tag but thats the only oil that I've had in it for the last twenty years or so. Runs great, I've changed it about twice in all the years I've used it. Rebuilt the piston once but that's all the service it has ever got.

Big Jack

5. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Last time I called Mec on a similar problem they said 30W only. Maybe it depends on which pump you got. Remember the return spring on the hydraulic units in stiffer than the 9000G spring. I found a unit which had a G spring on an H unit. Replaced with a new H spring and made a world of difference. IMHO Omaha

6. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

I also guess it is who it you talk to at mec I was told 10/30 and it can the cheap stuff also if there is such a thing anymore.lol But if you are i a cold climate and your loader is in a unheated area I defiantly would use the 10/30 it is a thinner oil, witch will let the cly return faster that's my opinion

thanks
    lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.